Headphone Calibration

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Clos3r

04 Jan 2022

When it comes to Mixing you need flat monitoring tools to be able to listen to how your mix actually sounds like instead of how your headphones are coloring it. This is where you need to calibrate your headphones or monitors. Sonarworks takes a lot of money for this but if you know the frequency response curve of your headphones you can easily calibrate it yourself by using some targeted EQs.

I'll start with the Calibration of the Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 ohm. With their natural soundstage and detailed resolution those are the perfect mixing buddies for me in my studio! Despite the lack in subbass and a significant boost in the treble section they are almost flat. But as they react perfectly to equalization it was easy to fix this and make them nearly flat.

As a lot of studios use the Beyerdynamic DT880 feel free to use this calibration combinator!

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tikVcL ... sp=sharing

Please note: There are numerous factors that can effect the frequency response for your individual headphones like using different velour pads or wearing glasses! Especially the bass section can have a strong deviation from the frequency response curve I was using for this calibration when your headphones don't have a perfect fit or are setup with individual spare parts.
Attachments
Combinator Dt 880 Pro 250 ohm Calibration.jpg
Combinator Dt 880 Pro 250 ohm Calibration.jpg (112.44 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Hi, I'm Nordsun. I'm one of the best producers in the world, maybe the best when it comes to making detailed landscapes or composing vivid scenes only with sound. Feel free to check out my music at https://nordsun.bandcamp.com.

• Information