[STOCK] Stereo Subtractor

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

Hi RT

Here is everyone's favorite synth, now in stereo!
Some shortcuts had to be taken, due to the limit in knobs. Notwithstanding, it still sounds good and is a joy to use.

You can design your synth from the front panel, or simply drag over a Subtractor patch onto the two instances within the device.

Hope you enjoy!

Click here to download for free, including some example patches. (Alternatively head to the link in my signature for this and more.)

Cheers,
deeplink
Attachments
Stereo Subtractor.jpg
Stereo Subtractor.jpg (391.9 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Last edited by deeplink on 13 Dec 2021, edited 5 times in total.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Quarmat
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

Woah Thank you!

Excellent job on the GUI!

integerpoet

13 Dec 2021

This is a cute idea and it looks cute, too.

I don't have R12 yet (waiting for Apple silicon support to land).

But I'm quite curious to hear this. Anybody care to post a demo?

deeplink
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2021

Quarmat wrote:
13 Dec 2021
Woah Thank you!

Excellent job on the GUI!
Thank you Quarmat, I may give it a small update this week - just to add some useful knob info and perhaps a name.
integerpoet wrote:
13 Dec 2021
This is a cute idea and it looks cute, too.

I don't have R12 yet (waiting for Apple silicon support to land).

But I'm quite curious to hear this. Anybody care to post a demo?
Sure thing - I've been wanting to do some videos on some of the Combinators. I will start with a demo of this one

arnigretar

14 Dec 2021

Wonderful work :-) Saves some time! And love the original GUI :clap: makes us old jesuspark fans proud!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

huggermugger

14 Dec 2021

Except for maybe running the Subtractor's mono output to a Spider to produce a dual mono signal, I can't imagine how what I see on the front panel here can be construed as stereo. There's nothing in this UI that mentions anything about panning or imagine. On the other hand, half the controls on an actual Subtractor are missing, which means I might as well just work directly with the Subtractor.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2021

deeplink wrote:
14 Dec 2021

Thank you Quarmat, I may give it a small update this week - just to add some useful knob info and perhaps a name.
Maybe I can be of assistance :D

Just kidding, but lemme know if you like them I can send you the vector files :)

jam-s

14 Dec 2021

dual subtractor... so: dubtractor?

deeplink
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2021

huggermugger wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Except for maybe running the Subtractor's mono output to a Spider to produce a dual mono signal, I can't imagine how what I see on the front panel here can be construed as stereo. There's nothing in this UI that mentions anything about panning or imagine. On the other hand, half the controls on an actual Subtractor are missing, which means I might as well just work directly with the Subtractor.
Hi huggermugger, you're right from the GUI it isn't too clear. To clarify, this combinator is inspired by the instructions on the back of Thor for 'True Stereo Synthesis'. There are two identical Subtractors panned hard left and hard right, with one consistently and slightly detuned using CV - hence the 'Stereo' nature.

Some of the controls had to be sacrificed, due to the limitation of the number of knob. However, I've kept most of the main controls.
Quarmat wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Maybe I can be of assistance :D
These are great! I will DM you later!

riemac

15 Dec 2021

The Combi is great, good work. Maybe you could implement a Unison with a knob for the numbers of subtractor copies and a knob for detune/spread.

• Information