[STOCK] 1U-FX Series

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
deeplink

Post 20 Nov 2021

Hi RT

Here is an Effect series, consisting of +100 effects, all using the built-in devices in Reason.
More will be updated to the Google Drive link along the way, where required or if necessary/requested.

What will you find?
Aptly named, organized and functional effect devices covering every trick the book - with a compact and consistent UI.
Such devices cover everything from simple AutoPanners, AutoSideChain, Shapers, Frequency Shifters, Filters, EQ's etc, to more complex devices like Vinyl Sims, Shimmer Reverbs, Beat Repeaters, SheperdTones and Utilities.

It's all mostly Stock devices, with only Reason's RE's being used in some of them - such as Polar, Complex-1 and Processed Pianos.
The RE used is included in the name of the Patch where required.

Some devices take inspiration from Ableton Live and the Reason Factory Sound Bank
The concept in general was inspired by the Kiloheats Snap-in effects (now discontinued RE's)

What is this for?
The aim of this series was to enhance effect workflow, without taking up too much screen/rack real-estate.
These devices can get you to 95% of where you want to be, fairly quickly. Especially when the folders are housed in the Browser Navigation.

The Details
80 effect devices split into the following categories;
  • 1U-Beat Repeaters
  • 1U-Delays
  • 1U-Distortion Units
  • 1U-Filters
  • 1U-Mix Tools
  • 1U-Modulators
  • 1U-Movers
  • 1U-Reverbs
  • 1U-Wideners
+ Abundancy of Dry/Wet (Mix) and Output knobs for tighter control over the effect mix and consistent gain structure through the effect chains
+ Useful and logical patch nomenclature, each category can be quick searched using the new Ctrl+F shortcut e.g "1U-Dly" "1U-Rvb"
+ Minimal sleek design, to sit comfortably among your other devices

The Link

View/Download here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

(You should be able to select individual effects or simply download the whole root folder from the above link.)

Please let me know what you think of the skin, and if there are any devices you would like to be included

Cheers,
deeplink
1U-Preview.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by deeplink on 29 Nov 2021, edited 2 times in total.
Combinators, ReFills and RS SoundPacks my GoogleDrive: [deeplink] Open RS-Project

Ottostrom

Post 20 Nov 2021

Woah this is crazy :wtf:
So many free effects and they don't take up any unnecessary space!
Thank you deeplink, this is a very nice gift to the community. Will start going through them to see which ones I'm gonna add to my workflow :)

deeplink

Post 21 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
20 Nov 2021
Woah this is crazy :wtf:
So many free effects and they don't take up any unnecessary space!
Thank you deeplink, this is a very nice gift to the community. Will start going through them to see which ones I'm gonna add to my workflow :)
Thanks Otto, a few more will be added this week!
Combinators, ReFills and RS SoundPacks my GoogleDrive: [deeplink] Open RS-Project

deeplink

Post 22 Nov 2021

Added:

1U-Mdlt Flanger
Your standard flanger, using Sweeper
1U-Mdlt AutoNoise
An envelope-following adjustable noise generator
1U-Mdlt Vocoder Stereo [MIDI]
Midi controlled stereo vocoder
1U-Rvb Spring
Your standard spring reverb
1U-Mvmnt Endless Smile
A one knob multi-effect used for creating tension/build-ups - inspired by Dada Life's VST of the same name

Mor1

Post 22 Nov 2021

Hello, congratulations on all the effort about the effects. I have a question. Is it possible to provide some instructions on how to rebuild the 'DRUM BUS AB LIVE' but on Reason 10? Thank you very much.

deeplink

Post 22 Nov 2021

Mor1 wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Hello, congratulations on all the effort about the effects. I have a question. Is it possible to provide some instructions on how to rebuild the 'DRUM BUS AB LIVE' but on Reason 10? Thank you very much.
Hi Mor1

This is a difficult one, as the combinator in R10/R11 is limited to 4 buttons and 4 knobs - so it will be impossible to get the same workflow experience, as you will need to dive into the combinator to adjust the settings. And also to note, the patch isn't a true sonic replication - more of a functional one with it's own character.

That said, for Comp, Drive and Crunch settings - I used a bus comp (Comp), maelstrom saturation (Drive), pulverize dirt (Drive + Hard Mode) and a Scream4 Overdrive on an Auxillary (Crunch). This is then followed by Kong's Transient Shaper (Transient) and an EQ (Dampening). Then for the Boom Amount, Boom Freq and Boom Decay I used another Mclass EQ (Gain, Freq, Q respectively). Lastly, the Dry/Wet knob is quite important, and there I just used a line mixer (inversely set and scaled at 50%) to achieve a 0db crossfader.

All of the above you can do in R10, with the exception of the crossfader - where you can use Thor instead.

Heater

Post 23 Nov 2021

That's amazing. Very generous of you.

Mor1

Post 23 Nov 2021

deeplink wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Mor1 wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Hi Mor1

This is a difficult one, as the combinator in R10/R11 is limited to 4 buttons and 4 knobs - so it will be impossible to get the same workflow experience, as you will need to dive into the combinator to adjust the settings. And also to note, the patch isn't a true sonic replication - more of a functional one with it's own character.

That said, for Comp, Drive and Crunch settings - I used a bus comp (Comp), maelstrom saturation (Drive), pulverize dirt (Drive + Hard Mode) and a Scream4 Overdrive on an Auxillary (Crunch). This is then followed by Kong's Transient Shaper (Transient) and an EQ (Dampening). Then for the Boom Amount, Boom Freq and Boom Decay I used another Mclass EQ (Gain, Freq, Q respectively). Lastly, the Dry/Wet knob is quite important, and there I just used a line mixer (inversely set and scaled at 50%) to achieve a 0db crossfader.

All of the above you can do in R10, with the exception of the crossfader - where you can use Thor instead.
Thank you very much for your instructions and your information. I can understand now how combinator2 can help on those connections. I think I will give a try to start implementing your instructions using reason10 and see how far it will go. The most important thing is that you gave me a blueprint of the structure. Thank you.

deeplink

Post 28 Nov 2021

Added:

1U-Dist Yah-Yah Crush
A common distortion trick to making your sounds say "Yah" (best on basses)
1U-Dly Creative Delay
A standard delay with a few bells and whistles before the delay
1U-Flt BP MClass
A BP Filter using MClass EQ and phase inversion
1U-Flt BP BV512
A BP Filter, using the BV512 Vocoder
1U-Rvb Convolution
Your standard convolution reverb
1U-Rvb Room True Stereo
Separate L/R channel Room reverb
1U-Rvb Hall True Stereo
Separate L/R channel Hall reverb
1U-Rvb Plate True Stereo
Separate L/R channel Plate reverb
1U-Rvb Syncroverb True Stereo
Separate L/R channel Syncronous reverb
1U-Mix Adjective EQ RC
Reduce/Add boominess, muddiness, harshness, air etc.
1U-Flt K35 LP 12db [MIDI]
A standard K35 LP 12db filter, with midi input
1U-Flt Multi-M Feedback [MIDI]
LP/BP/HP M Feedback filter, with midi input
1U-Mix Compressor Bus RC
Reason Classic Bus Compressor
1U-Mix Limiter Dual Band MC
Dual Band MClass Limiter

• Information