D-22 Foldback Distortion

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
BRIGGS

14 Oct 2021

I've always thought the D-11 could use more output gain and a dry mix level (for drums and bass, etc.)

As a bonus, two D-11's are cascading into each other. :puf_smile:

The 'stage 2' button is used to activate the second D-11.

Careful with the input and output levels.

You'll need Kilohearts gain (free).

d-22.jpg
d-22.jpg (62.67 KiB) Viewed 610 times
D-22 FOLDBACK DISTORTION.zip
(229.93 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
r11s

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2021

Oddly I have never been into the whole Wet/Dry of drive thing. I see drive as being all or nothing (even if very subtle), but I should try this to see what happens.

Thanks for the idea.
:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

BRIGGS

16 Oct 2021

Benedict wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Oddly I have never been into the whole Wet/Dry of drive thing. I see drive as being all or nothing (even if very subtle), but I should try this to see what happens.

Thanks for the idea.
Thanks for the feedback!

A dry signal lets you completely wreck the wet signal, while maintaining a certain amount of clarity.

IOW....go crazy with the distortion, and if gets mushy, add a bit of dry signal till you can hear some definition.
r11s

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2021

Yeah I get the idea, just not so much of the practice. For me, it still sounds like a totally chewed-up signal messing with the original.

It seems like a sort of generational thing. While I am a fan of Skinny Puppy, I do not like NIN. Skinny Puppy are all in with the distortion. NIN sits on the fence far too much for me to feel like the results are real.

Still, I did roll me a Combi using your idea and it stayed in the piece. Altho likely no one will ever pick it was there anyway so all a bit pointless in the situation when a simple Scream for saturation would have done it faster.

There is something about the half-rack Drive that is attractive but it is very all or nothing in its amounts which takes it off the table most of the time unless you need that Rebirth sound.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information