Download MFB Tanzbär Drum machine Combinator

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Studio67

29 Sep 2021

The Tanzbär is made with stock devices. 17 sounds like the original. Made with samples and filter combinations.

I made a short video of the MFB Tanzbär combinator. MFB is a small synth manufacturer based in Berlin founded by engineer Manfred Fricke. (Manfred passed away on 17.06.2021)
Have worked with the Tanzbär for many years and always found it to have a groovy and punchy sound.

at the end of the video you will also hear all the sounds separately.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/85npp19eo2qdo ... r.rfl?dl=0

Last edited by Studio67 on 30 Sep 2021, edited 4 times in total.

Despondo
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2021

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Faastwalker

30 Sep 2021

Excellent. I'll DL this one for sure. I used to have an MFB-522 Drum Computer. Great little machine. I didn't know the MFB guy had died! :( Very sad. MFB made some amazing devices over the years.

dan_g

30 Sep 2021

thats a pretty nice idea to create a "drum machine" in the style of a hardware one. also had the idea to do this.

tanzbär is a pretty nice drummachine. i will defo try this out.

also didn't know Manfred Fricke died. very sad.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

moofi

30 Sep 2021

Thank you for simulating Tanzbär, already integrated a bassdrum into a song so far. :-)

Btw it´s Tanzbär (dance bear) while "bär" is aswell pronounced like "bear," bascially the same word phonetically + translationwise if you ignore the writing.
If you write Tanzbar, "bar" is being pronounced like the englisch word "bar", so it´s either "danceable" or "Dance Bar" :-D Though also fitting :-)

Studio67

30 Sep 2021

moofi wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Thank you for simulating Tanzbär, already integrated a bassdrum into a song so far. :-)

Btw it´s Tanzbär (dance bear) while "bär" is aswell pronounced like "bear," bascially the same word phonetically + translationwise if you ignore the writing.
If you write Tanzbar, "bar" is being pronounced like the englisch word "bar", so it´s either "danceable" or "Dance Bar" :-D Though also fitting :-)
:lol: Haha I know this, I was just lazy to use the ALT + u + a on the Mac ;).

Studio67

30 Sep 2021

:puf_smile: I hope they will update the Combinator with:

-64 buttons, knobs and sliders
-Drum pads and keyboard
-Bypass function (*if you only want to turn off an effect and not the signal)
-Design your own buttons and knobs
-Leds and Loudness meters

*The bypass function can be made with a rack extension (audio switch?) but prefer less is more...

And another idea is making the combinator deeper like NI Reactor with basic synth engines, at the end you can write like a closed combinator (almost a rack extension) without the knowledge to write in C+ :lol:

moofi

30 Sep 2021

The question here is, why limit it at all?
Sure, there is only so much space for so many knobs, yet, why limit the combinator to 6U? I say let´s make it at least 8U and there can be placed many knobs already.
With a greater knob number or even now it would be pleasant to be able to at least arrange entries in the controller assigning section for improved sorting.
Like if I finished the assignment list yet got the idea of adding an additional oscillator controller I would like it to sit next to the ones already being assigned to an oscillator for example and not at the end of the list.

You already can bypass a single effect device by creating a button ranging from 2 to 1 and assigning it to the device "active" section, so either it´s on or bypassed. If you want to mute a device to not play anymore being part of the song composition I recommend using an A/B module because using the device´ bypass button can cause a crackle.

Studio67 wrote:
30 Sep 2021

[...]
-64 buttons, knobs and sliders
[...]
-Bypass function (*if you only want to turn off an effect and not the signal)
[...]
*The bypass function can be made with a rack extension (audio switch?) but prefer less is more...

[...]

moofi

30 Sep 2021

:-)
Studio67 wrote:
30 Sep 2021

:lol: Haha I know this, I was just lazy to use the ALT + u + a on the Mac ;).

• Information