Would you be interested in a hosting site for Combinator patches?

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.

Would you be interested in a hosting site for Combinator patches?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 47
jamespember
Reason Studios

01 Oct 2021

cursors wrote:
30 Sep 2021
challism wrote:
30 Sep 2021

As James said, the plan is to make Companion available to all Reason users. So I guess (eventually) you won't have any objections to it. I hope that day is sooner rather than later.

I hope so too :puf_smile:
Yeah no doubt the plan is crystal clear - get rid of Authorizer and use Companion for everyone - it's a way better, more modern, better designed, more flexible and user-friendly product. There are a few barriers in the way of that, but we're workin' on em :)

cursors

01 Oct 2021

Cool, sorry if I sounded off :oops:

jamespember
Reason Studios

01 Oct 2021

cursors wrote:
01 Oct 2021
Cool, sorry if I sounded off :oops:
No worries at all :thumbup:

Lancaster

01 Oct 2021

This would be really cool to see in the companion. Especially as license owners do not get any sound packs.

To keep the communication line open maybe the process could be upload the combinator patch to this forum. Community beta tests the patches and helps the creator make improvements if needed.

The patch is uploaded to the companion app which includes a link to the original forum topic. That way if there’s any issues or people just want to say thank you etc it’s easy to keep community vibe going.

fieldframe
RE Developer

01 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
01 Oct 2021
cursors wrote:
30 Sep 2021

I hope so too :puf_smile:
Yeah no doubt the plan is crystal clear - get rid of Authorizer and use Companion for everyone - it's a way better, more modern, better designed, more flexible and user-friendly product. There are a few barriers in the way of that, but we're workin' on em :)
It would be fantastic if Companion grows into a one-stop manager for Refills, REs, and licenses. Some community features for patch and especially Combinator sharing would be a great addition!

• Information