The Echo "blue" version

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
nemesjs

27 Sep 2021

This is just a Combinator I made to reflect all of "The Echo" rack extension functions but under only 1U:

Decided to do it in blue instead of the original orange color just because I like blue.
(original orange color .cmb also available)

Here's a video I made about it with a funny Easter egg near the end :D

Link to zip file with the 2 cmb. files:

The Echo 1U Combinator.zip

Ottostrom

27 Sep 2021

Smart idea to only use part of the fader as a switch!
A bit too cramped for my taste but still very nicely done :)

Creativemind

27 Sep 2021

Very nice. The Time (even with sync on) isn't displaying in 1/16th's etc though.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

nemesjs

27 Sep 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
27 Sep 2021
Smart idea to only use part of the fader as a switch!
A bit too cramped for my taste but still very nicely done :)
Thanks! :thumbup: 1U is too small in height but f I did it in 2U then it would take almost the same space as the original, so I felt it was best to compromise. As for the faders as switches, it was the only option given we now have the ranges to tinker with. I will turn them to proper option switches if/once we have those available in the future. ;)

nemesjs

28 Sep 2021

Creativemind wrote:
27 Sep 2021
Very nice. The Time (even with sync on) isn't displaying in 1/16th's etc though.
Thanks! Well, if your talking about the overlaying label showing the values when you turn the knob on the combinator panel that is something out of our control, although it's mapped to the correct knob in the rack extension...

Creativemind

29 Sep 2021

nemesjs wrote:
28 Sep 2021
Creativemind wrote:
27 Sep 2021
Thanks! Well, if your talking about the overlaying label showing the values when you turn the knob on the combinator panel that is something out of our control, although it's mapped to the correct knob in the rack extension...

So it's a limitation of the Combinator Editor?

huggermugger

29 Sep 2021

Creativemind wrote:
29 Sep 2021
nemesjs wrote:
28 Sep 2021

That's correct. The knobs and dials on the Combinator don't show the values of the original parameters that they're attached to. Big loss, imho.

moofi

29 Sep 2021

Combinator controls only address parameters via MIDI with a 0-127 range thus showing the according values on the controller.

This also leads to stepped modulation by controllers, while modulating via the Combinator´s CV-ins at least goes by their standard CV-resolution.
MIDI resolution controlling a tuneknob like on U-he´s Tripple Cheese actually doesn´t suffice to choose all existing values.
Then it´s also very handy having stepped/MIDI resolutions as an option because stepped resolutions offer an additional modualtion type being able to sound even better..
On a pitchdelay´s pitch parameter for example because the stepped controlling creates more of a bubbly sound in that case.

This reminds me of the CV-resolution aswell. Could it potentially be upped to audioresolution yet?
Especially for FM-purposes it´s quite important.
huggermugger wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Creativemind wrote:
29 Sep 2021

That's correct. The knobs and dials on the Combinator don't show the values of the original parameters that they're attached to. Big loss, imho.

moofi

29 Sep 2021

Btw thank you, pleasant Combinator nemesjs :-)

Creativemind

29 Sep 2021

huggermugger wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Creativemind wrote:
29 Sep 2021

It is. You want the parameters on the Combinator to represent the parameters they're linked to. That's a major flaw. I know it's how the old Combinator worked but would've thought that would've been changed. Your delay combi when collapsed has sync and then no way to know which time signature to sync it to without guessing or opening up the combi to see the devices.

nemesjs

22 Oct 2021

moofi wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Btw thank you, pleasant Combinator nemesjs :-)
Thanks for you comment moofi, much appreciated!

• Information