8-Ball - My Combinator 2 Instrument

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

This is something I created for myself to help with creating layered instruments. It's essentially a mixer-type device which allows you to easily layer up to 8 instruments.

You can solo each part which is helpful as you build up your layers. There are also individual panpots and volume faders for each part. Under the fader is an ON/OFF switch which essentially functions as a mute button. I also wanted to be able to look at the instrument and immediately identify how many instruments make up the patch, so that's why I chose the big orangey lit up buttons that you see under the faders. I added a filter section in a 'why-the-heck-not' move. All the parts then go through some global effects. This is what it looks like:
VHS INTRO.png
VHS INTRO.png (652.04 KiB) Viewed 2141 times

And this is what it sounds like (I apologize for the over-the-top Youtube thumbnails):

I'm posting the blank template here, but I'm selling the 20 patches that you hear in the vid. You can buy me a coffee if you want those: https://ko-fi.com/hurricanemusic
Anyone who donates will get an additional 20 patches in about 2 weeks when they're ready.

I've been using this device for a few weeks now, and it's incredibly useful if I do say so. It kind of surprised me, actually.

Anyway, have fun.
Attachments
8-BALL - COMBINATOR 2.cmb.zip
(483.03 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Adabler
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

Thanks, looks great!
Last edited by Adabler on 02 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 12, Win10

nemesjs

02 Sep 2021

Great videos and keyboard playing. Interesting idea and a very nice combinator. I just bought you a "coffee" so as soon as you can send me the patches I will give it a try too!
Meanwhile forgive me my pickiness but I noticed a little misalignment in the controls that maybe you can correct (or did you did this on purpose to see if we were waken enough to notice them? :D )

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

nemesjs wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Great videos and keyboard playing. Interesting idea and a very nice combinator. I just bought you a "coffee" so as soon as you can send me the patches I will give it a try too!
Meanwhile forgive me my pickiness but I noticed a little misalignment in the controls that maybe you can correct (or did you did this on purpose to see if we were waken enough to notice them? :D )
Thanks - you should have received a link immediately, if not let me know.

And nah - that was just a mistake. But honestly, sometimes the auto align in the Combinator doesn't seem to work correctly. Drives me nuts. I'll fix it.
Last edited by hurricane on 02 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

02 Sep 2021

Love this! I'm so stoked to see what everyone's building.

It's only starting to just sink in for me that Combinator 2 means everyone can become proxy plugin creators without needing to create the DSP. How many plugin developers spend their time making waveform, LFO, and filter DSP algorithms? We get to skip all all that do the fun part – the UX design and sound design.

I'm so excited for the next era of Combinators.

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

Here is the revised combinator with the re-aligned panpots.

Thanks nemesjs.

8-BALL - COMBINATOR 2.cmb.zip
(482.93 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Despondo
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

I just bought you a cup as well. Looking forward to trying these out!

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

Despondo wrote:
02 Sep 2021
I just bought you a cup as well. Looking forward to trying these out!
Thanks!

The next 20 patch pack is a synthwave soundest which you will also get once it's ready.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Despondo
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

hurricane wrote:
02 Sep 2021
The next 20 patch pack is a synthwave soundest which you will also get once it's ready.
Awesome! Right up my alley! :-)

Creativemind

02 Sep 2021

Could've sworn I almost heard the themetune to Twin Peaks in that vid.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

nemesjs

02 Sep 2021

hurricane wrote:
02 Sep 2021
nemesjs wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Thanks - you should have received a link immediately, if not let me know.

And nah - that was just a mistake. But honestly, sometimes the auto align in the Combinator doesn't seem to work correctly. Drives me nuts. I'll fix it.
Great! Well it took me some time to check the link for the file you sent me so I did it only now but it says it's "in the user's trash"... couldn't download it...

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2021

nemesjs wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Great! Well it took me some time to check the link for the file you sent me so I did it only now but it says it's "in the user's trash"... couldn't download it...
Sorry about that - I sent you a new link and the patches to your email.

New patch vid:

I don't want to come off as spammy, so that'll be the last vid I post here. I'll be posting more to the channel in the next few days.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

nemesjs

03 Sep 2021

hurricane wrote:
02 Sep 2021
nemesjs wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Sorry about that - I sent you a new link and the patches to your email.

New patch vid:

I don't want to come off as spammy, so that'll be the last vid I post here. I'll be posting more to the channel in the next few days.
Thanks! I already got the files you sent me! I'm going to check them out as soon as I have some time.

• Information