FREE Combinator 2 graphics asset pack

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
wendylou

Post 04 Sep 2021

selig wrote:
04 Sep 2021
Wendy, maybe I misunderstood: what are you using your screen shots for?
When designing a backdrop, I overlay the combinator device screenshot layer using "Add" so I can see where the controls are located when adding graphic assets like plates or sub-layers, etc. The old combinator template included the 4 knobs, 4 buttons, and wheels, but as Reason 12 has so many variations now, that is where a snapshot of each particular combinator comes in handy, as it helps guide my layout. Ditto for any custom-designed combinator – I would take a snapshot to be used as a design guide.

overlay-demo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:PUF_balance: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

guitfnky

Post 04 Sep 2021

QVprod wrote:
04 Sep 2021
guitfnky wrote:
03 Sep 2021
pretty sweet to see Reason 12 is turning a bunch of musicians into art students. :lol:
You must’ve missed the PUF days. There were several great looking user mock-ups floating around. Cool to see those can be actual devices (of sorts) now.
more like forgot. the ol’ memory banks get purged more and more regularly these days. 😅
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

Reasonistas
RE Developer

Post 04 Sep 2021

Thank you Ryan for this FREE Combinator 2 graphics asset pack and to Wendy for the advice. I'm locking myself in the studio for a few days to design several skins. Exciting.
ImageImageImage

Neo

Post 12 Sep 2021

Cheers for ^sharing R.

1st attempt at creating a patch for my MIDI Controller. Enjoying the process so far.
Good break from patching wires lol.
Roland A-500PRO.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Faastwalker

Post 15 Sep 2021

wendylou wrote:
04 Sep 2021
selig wrote:
04 Sep 2021

I don’t know if I’ve understood you correctly, but it may be more accurate to do screen shots at 200% due to scaling rounding errors. I’ll post further findings soon…
I originally did make 200% snapshots but went back and replaced with 240% snapshots, which I used to test making my 4U 8x3 Rotaries backdrop. But even a 240% snapshot ends up being only 3620 x 1326px – smaller than the recommended backdrop size of 3770 x 1380px, thus, it had to be scaled up to the recommended template dimensions.
I'm getting super confused trying to maek my first Combi2 backdrop. I took a screen shot of the Combi with Reason scaled up to 200%. If I crop the resulting image down to the width of the Combi it is 1508 pixels wide. So I'm a bit stuck on this bit! :-/ Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong here. Obviously scaling up in a graphics/image editor to 3770 from 1508 is not ideal ....... that's before trying to get my head around Gimp because I don't have Photoshop anymore. Also trying Affinity Designer on iPad. It's going to take a bit of time to learn this App before I can really do much with it I think. Looks good though.

cryonicPAX

Post 15 Sep 2021

Hey, you need to scale it up inside of your graphics program, bcs you just use it as a guide for your actual graphics. The size that is recommended by Reason is there to maximise quality on every display-scale and ratio. Use the templates givin you by Ryan, import your buttonlayout, scale it up to the needed size and start building.
Drum & Bass-Producer, Mixing-Engineer from Germany. :reason:

selig
RE Developer

Post 15 Sep 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
15 Sep 2021
wendylou wrote:
04 Sep 2021

I originally did make 200% snapshots but went back and replaced with 240% snapshots, which I used to test making my 4U 8x3 Rotaries backdrop. But even a 240% snapshot ends up being only 3620 x 1326px – smaller than the recommended backdrop size of 3770 x 1380px, thus, it had to be scaled up to the recommended template dimensions.
I'm getting super confused trying to maek my first Combi2 backdrop. I took a screen shot of the Combi with Reason scaled up to 200%. If I crop the resulting image down to the width of the Combi it is 1508 pixels wide. So I'm a bit stuck on this bit! :-/ Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong here. Obviously scaling up in a graphics/image editor to 3770 from 1508 is not ideal ....... that's before trying to get my head around Gimp because I don't have Photoshop anymore. Also trying Affinity Designer on iPad. It's going to take a bit of time to learn this App before I can really do much with it I think. Looks good though.

You can scale the image by 125% to get it to the correct size (when taken at 200% application zoom). This is just a reference - you don’t use the scaled image in the final result so there’s no concern with scaling the image!
Selig Audio, LLC

CR68

Post 15 Sep 2021

would be great, if anyone could paste a psd file with background and basic things and grid. i think this will clarify a lot...
:)

Faastwalker

Post 15 Sep 2021

selig wrote:
15 Sep 2021
You can scale the image by 125% to get it to the correct size (when taken at 200% application zoom). This is just a reference - you don’t use the scaled image in the final result so there’s no concern with scaling the image!
I don't understand the 125% scaling part. Scaling my image taken at 200% zoom in Reason doesn't get anywhere near the 3770 width. I'm not following this part at all :?

EDIT: just seen you posted in the other thread. I'm going at this on several fronts!! :D A multi-pronged attack to try and work out what the what what is going on here! :crazy:

• Information