About this subforum for the new Combinator

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
joeyluck

30 Aug 2021

Hey everybody! We are all very excited about the new Combinator! :D

I thought it would be a great idea, at least for the meantime, to create a separate subforum focused on the new Combinator. We can always merge this back into the parent forum later. Or maybe we end up keeping it in place? We'll see how it goes!

This subforum is dedicated specifically to the new and improved Combinator. Still technically just called "Combinator" in Reason (but we refer to it as Combinator 2). Feel free to share all of your creations here: Combinator patches, backdrops, backdrop assets, etc.

General discussion about the new Combinator as it relates to Reason and the R12 release can continue in the Reason General forum. This subforum of the Patches, Refills and Sound Packs forum is focused on patches and patch creation. Of course that doesn't mean general discussion isn't allowed here in response to patches shared. Just keep in mind that if you are starting a topic on discussing the new Combinator, that is not done here.

If you are looking to share legacy Combinator patches, that will continue in the parent forum and not this one.

Looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with! :thumbup:

To share your patches directly in the forum (as an attachment), you must zip them first. Otherwise, you can host them elsewhere (such as Google Drive) and share the links here.

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2021

Excellent :thumbup: Hopefully we can share advice on creating backdrops also. With the original Combinator we had the template file that could be opened in your image editing software. But obviously it's not going to be possible to have something like this with Combinator 2 due to the customization of the layouts. So, what's a good approach to creating backdrops? Create the Combinator patch first? then take a screen shot, import into image editing software, create backdrop .......... or completely the other way around? People will obviously develop their own preferred methods. Can we share them here? This is exciting :D

turn2on
RE Developer

01 Sep 2021

Fastest way
1. Create Combi skeleton, place all elements at panel
2. Make a screenshot. Copy as a layer to multilayer graphic editor
3. Create panel design. Remove screenshot.
4. Export PNG and check in Combinator.

Helping panels size of backdrops:
1U: 3770 x 345
2U: 3770 x 690
3U: 3770 x 1035
4U: 3770 x 1380
5U: 3770 x 1725
6U: 3770 x 2070

turn2on
RE Developer

01 Sep 2021

Good to add info about C2 patches, when creating a topic

- Short description,
- List of devices used in C2 patch.

Users need to know, do they already have this device or not

turn2on
RE Developer

01 Sep 2021

Good if possible to somebody who changed already created Combi patch in own way, attach it to topic, as part of Combinator 2 collaboration work.

joeyluck

01 Sep 2021

turn2on wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Good if possible to somebody who changed already created Combi patch in own way, attach it to topic, as part of Combinator 2 collaboration work.
Yeah that would be great!

This actually makes me rethink how I should name my patches 🤔 I didn't think it necessary to tag my layout patch names with initials or whatever, but that actually might be useful to keep track...

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2021

turn2on wrote:
01 Sep 2021
Fastest way
1. Create Combi skeleton, place all elements at panel
2. Make a screenshot. Copy as a layer to multilayer graphic editor
3. Create panel design. Remove screenshot.
4. Export PNG and check in Combinator.

Helping panels size of backdrops:
1U: 3770 x 345
2U: 3770 x 690
3U: 3770 x 1035
4U: 3770 x 1380
5U: 3770 x 1725
6U: 3770 x 2070
Excellent. Thanks for this info. Very useful. I was thinking along those lines but wasn’t sure if it was the best method. Makes sense. Is it necessary to zoom Reason’s display when taking screenshot then resize as necessary to match those resolutions?

Resequencer

12 Aug 2023

Hi, I've learned a lot from reading this forum and downloading resources I've found here. I've created some interesting Combinators and was wondering if there is somewhere I can upload them to for people to share if they are interested.

Loque

12 Aug 2023

Resequencer wrote:
12 Aug 2023
Hi, I've learned a lot from reading this forum and downloading resources I've found here. I've created some interesting Combinators and was wondering if there is somewhere I can upload them to for people to share if they are interested.
You can upload them here. The size limit is 1MB (reduce background image quality) and you should pack it in a zip.
Reason12, Win10

• Information