Connecting external Jupiter XM to Reason 12

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
FractumAnimum

24 Nov 2022

Hello all,
forgive me if this question has been raised before.

I have Reason 12 and recently bought a Roland jupiter xm. I have installed drivers and the key board on the jupiter is controlling internal Reason synths etc through Midi.
Im trying to set a channel so i can play the Jupiter straight into Reason. From the youtube tutorials ive seen i need to add a midi out channel which i have and its picked up the Jupiter xm. As i understand it i need to add an audio channel to hear the Jupiter which is where my problem is.

I can see the midi signal is being picked up via the midi out device. I added the audio channel but i cant hear the jxm.
I looked at the IN routing on the audio channel but it only shows my sound interface inputs. I expected to see the Jupiter as an option.

Im stumped on how to fully connect my jupiter to Reason so i can use the jupiter keyboard to play midi for say my Omnisphere or another vst synth as well as being able to play jupiter the hardware synth on a different channel when i want to.

Is this possible? What am i doing wrong here?

Thank you in advance
Dom

jam-s

24 Nov 2022

I think you have to select your Jupiter XM as the audio interface to use in Reason. Then you should be able to select it as an input for the audio channel to then record its output.

• Information