RRP - Logic - Mac Studio Woes

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
selig
RE Developer

09 Nov 2022

I just tested this. if I run Logic 10.7.4 in Rosetta mode I can run RRP no problem. If I turn off Rosetta mode and try to run RRP I get an error that says:
The operation could not be completed because there are too many files open.
This could be because you are working with a self-contained song containing a very high number of external samples.
Please visit the Support section at www.reasonstudios.com for more information and workarounds.

This is on a blank empty song file, so clearly the error message is "in error". ;)

Here's where it gets interesting. After updating to Reason 12.2.10d39, I can now run RRP in Logic without needing Rosetta mode!
This also works in LUNA, not sure how it's affecting performance but so far I'm not seeing anything obviously wrong…progress!

In other news, LUNA just added track freeze in version 1.3. That's version number ONE point THREE y'all.
Reason? Bueller? Anyone? :)
Selig Audio, LLC

tronam

09 Nov 2022

I really liked the feel of LUNA when I tested the original v1 release. It kind of makes me wish I hadn't sold my UAD interface. I ended up replacing it with a MOTU M2 and it hasn't been the best experience. Strange driver issues causing certain functionality to simply not work (like loopback) and annoying ones like the interface needing to be power cycled every time the computer sleeps or else it's invisible to the system.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Jac459

09 Nov 2022

Billy+ wrote:
21 Oct 2022
If your Mac is intel then yes RRP will definitely work without Rosetta.
However if your Mac is Apple Silicon then RRP will only work under Rosetta.

I'm assuming given the thread title that you're Mac Studio requires Rosetta currently when using RRP however if you wait just a few more months then you should be able to use RRP in Logic without Rosetta

What's confusing

:lol:
But to be clear, it "just" work. I don't know what happen with logic but with bitwig you got nothing to do. Bitwig load rrp without any issue and performances are excellent. And yes, bitw8g is native m1...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Billy+

10 Nov 2022

Jac459 wrote:
09 Nov 2022
Billy+ wrote:
21 Oct 2022
If your Mac is intel then yes RRP will definitely work without Rosetta.
However if your Mac is Apple Silicon then RRP will only work under Rosetta.

I'm assuming given the thread title that you're Mac Studio requires Rosetta currently when using RRP however if you wait just a few more months then you should be able to use RRP in Logic without Rosetta

What's confusing

:lol:
But to be clear, it "just" work. I don't know what happen with logic but with bitwig you got nothing to do. Bitwig load rrp without any issue and performances are excellent. And yes, bitw8g is native m1...
Well from what I've read it's a bug that should be fixed as of the latest build. Give it a try after updating.

kuhliloach

10 Nov 2022

The update seems to have fixed it here on Apple Silicon without using Rosetta, both in Logic Pro and Ableton. Yay!

StephenHutchinson

11 Nov 2022

I can confirm that when turning off Rosetta for Logic Pro on my Mac mini M1, RRP now works perfectly on the latest 12.2.10d39 version. Hallelujah!

RRP working in Logic Pro.jpg
RRP working in Logic Pro.jpg (552.1 KiB) Viewed 7265 times
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

shropshirelad

23 Dec 2022

Well, after a blissful month or two of fully functioning RRP, 12.5 arrives and buggers things up again. I now have RRP showing as 'incompatible' In Logic Pro 10.7.6. Now that VST3 support is done, lets hope that we can finally get Apple Silicone support and finally get this thing working as intended!

Jac459

23 Dec 2022

shropshirelad wrote:
23 Dec 2022
Well, after a blissful month or two of fully functioning RRP, 12.5 arrives and buggers things up again. I now have RRP showing as 'incompatible' In Logic Pro 10.7.6. Now that VST3 support is done, lets hope that we can finally get Apple Silicone support and finally get this thing working as intended!
If it helps, I do confirm that since beginning of 2022, and since today, I am using RRP inside Bitwig, Bitwig being in native mode and RRP being in Rosetta without any issues. It just works, and it works well, I can have many many instances of the RRP without my m1 breaking a sweat. I am updating Reason as soon as a new version appears, I am not on R+, my Mac is my default workstation so it is my registered device with Reason and finally, I own 71 rack extensions...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

shropshirelad

24 Dec 2022

Update - RRP seems to run in Native mode even if incompatibility notices are ignored. So for now I'll just put up with the notification and carry on as before.
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 06.37.56.png
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 06.37.56.png (67.06 KiB) Viewed 5568 times

deebus

02 Sep 2023

stm.mitchell wrote:
19 Oct 2022
I run the Reason rack in Logic on an M1 Mac mini, not in Rosetta mode. I used to get a similar error message, but figured out I was able to get it running if I chose the option to "Run without RE´s". That led me to believe an RE was actually the problem (I don't know for sure of course), so I started uninstalling old and unused RE´s until it started running without the error message. Never had a problem since.
Currently trying to troubleshoot a similar problem.
Can you tell me where I find the option to "Run without RE´s"?
Thanks

• Information