RRP is not Reason !

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
SebAudio

11 Apr 2022

I’ve used Reason from v1 to v6.5 then Live & plug-ins.
I was hoping RRP&HD would be the best set so I’ve bought v12.

What a deception : RRP is far from being Reason !

Remote & automation is barely & badly implemented : parameter names are unusable (too long, too cryptic).
The rack is reduced to « instrument strip » or « channel strip » and not your « all studio ». I know multitimbrality would be limited but 16 channels are better than 1
1 column rack enforced the « strip » view. 2 column rack would at least allow for some kind of « overall view »

In its current state, RRP is worst than any single vst because of the « rack shell » which I can’t see any added value. Europa VST was in practice a better product than RRP.

Reason devices (especially synths) are far more accessible than a lot of VSTs but this ease of use just vanishes inside the RRP.

I hope RS will adress those points. I can’t see myself going back to Reason stand-alone (you all know why : sequencer !) but I can’t see myself buying in Reason ecosystem (there are great RE that I hope will be released as VST !)

Billy+

11 Apr 2022

RRP isn't supposed to be Reason standalone - at it's simplest it's a way to access the Reason devices inside another DAW via (vst | au | aax) Plugins

But by providing the Rack it also allows for more complex devices and or effects to be created using rack extensions.

SebAudio

16 Apr 2022

An illustration of what I mean concerning automation / remote parameter names can seen here
at 4’46

• Information