RRP is not working in NI Maschine

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
RandomNoise

Post 12 Nov 2021

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 09.55.30.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 09.55.02.png
Did anyone encounter something similar to that in Native Instruments Maschine?
It used to work fine for me.. I am assuming this is only related to the AU plugin because it is working in Ableton Live with the VST.

I didn't try to reinstall Reason yet as I am hopping there might be another solution to that...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jam-s

Post 12 Nov 2021

You could try to remove and re-download those REs.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace. ... Pool's closed due to corona.

RandomNoise

Post 12 Nov 2021

jam-s wrote:
12 Nov 2021
You could try to remove and re-download those REs.
I wish it was just these two.. the pop up alert keep on cycling through many racks, so I assume this is something related to the Reason Rack plugin and not necessarily to the individual racks..

I will try to reinstall Reason later and see if it helps

avasopht

Post 13 Nov 2021

Oh ... didn't realize Maschine had VST3 support?
---

RandomNoise

Post 13 Nov 2021

avasopht wrote:
13 Nov 2021
Oh ... didn't realize Maschine had VST3 support?
Not VST3, I'm using here the AU plugin

lowtom

Post 13 Nov 2021

I have same issue since NI restricted use of 3rd party VST3 plug-ins in Maschine (somewhere around v2.11).

RRP AU is just a wrapped VST3 and Maschine is blocking it. In the contents of RRP .component (AU) you can find plugin.vst3 resource to prove it.

rrp_au.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: :refill: :re:

BonsaiMacKay

Post 13 Nov 2021

On Maschine 2.14.5 (latest) and I have no issues loading Reason 11 AU. Could it be another Reason 12 issue?

WaxTrax

Post 13 Nov 2021

I am running the latest Maschine and Reason 12 and I am not having this issue. However, I have seen this happen with Reason before on an M1 Mac if the host application was not running in Rosetta mode.

I know that is probably not the situation here since neither Reason nor Maschine are native ARM64 yet, but I just wanted to put it out there in case anyone else comes across similar error messages in other applications.

RandomNoise

Post 13 Nov 2021

I don't have an M1 Mac, and Reason 11 worked fine for me on Maschine as well before I updated to 12. I've tried to reinstall it again last night a couple of times and even syncing my REs, but none of that helped..

lowtom

Post 14 Nov 2021

When R11 dropped with RRP available, everything was also working on my end. It is until I run some beta version of Maschine where NI decided to cut off full VST3 support, that those issues started.
I even contacted NI support, they confirmed there is an issue and advised to work with Maschine 2.10.

On my system RRP (AU) can be loaded into Maschine slot but it will not display GUI at all.
:reason: :refill: :re:

RandomNoise

Post 14 Nov 2021

lowtom wrote:
14 Nov 2021
When R11 dropped with RRP available, everything was also working on my end. It is until I run some beta version of Maschine where NI decided to cut off full VST3 support, that those issues started.
I even contacted NI support, they confirmed there is an issue and advised to work with Maschine 2.10.

On my system RRP (AU) can be loaded into Maschine slot but it will not display GUI at all.
Thanks for sharing, hope this can be resolved soon by either side (NI or RS). I've been having a lot of fun using the Reason's racks inside of Maschine.

• Information