Reason 12 as VST inside FL Studio (can't open it)

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
JoshX2

24 Jul 2021

I am trying to use Reason 12 demo (or this is the Reason+ free trial period and it comes with reason12).
I have installed Reason12 now 2 times, but it still doesn't open VST inside FL Studio.
Here is picture of the message I keep getting:
REASON.JPG
REASON.JPG (52.53 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
I only have the one Reason12 rack I can find/see...
When I click the message, it gives another message "There was a problem opening the plugin Reason Rack Plugin for an unknown reason. Please make sure it was installed correctly".

I don't really know what I am doing wrong... I did the installation as the installation setup guided (I did not use any custom settings for it etc). And I did try to re-install but still the same problem.

All other VST plugins work perfectly.

JoshX2

24 Jul 2021

I am using FL Studio 20 with Windows.
I tried to google, but the information says I should have Reason Rack Plugin + Reason Rack Plugin Effect (I only can find this Reason Rack Plugin and that is not working/opening).

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2021

Reason 12 isn't released.

Try Reason 11 instead of making things harder for yourself.

JoshX2

25 Jul 2021

I was originally trying to get the demo of Reason 11, but all I could find was the demo (free period) of Reason+ and it only offered Reason 12 to download.

Where can you find the Reason 11 demo? I have to say the Reasonstudios web page is very much focused for the Reason+ :shock:
…I am not interested in the subscription scheme.

JoshX2

25 Jul 2021

This is the only "demo" option I can see...
It forces me to get the free Reason+ if I want try demo, and in Reason+ I only can download Reason12
DEMO.JPG
DEMO.JPG (40.26 KiB) Viewed 1484 times

• Information