Bitwig vs Ableton in general and as a host for Reason Rack Plugin

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
ShelLuser

Post 25 Jun 2021

Sterioevo wrote:
25 Jun 2021
Does this behaviour only occur with the demo, or with a licence as well?
With the license as well.
--- :reason:
Using the 'Power' Trio: Ableton Live (+ Push), Reason Rack Plugin and Maschine (+ the ultimate Komplete).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

Sterioevo

Post 25 Jun 2021

ShelLuser wrote:
25 Jun 2021
With the license as well.
Dealbreaker for me, same with Reason+.

slic

Post 26 Jun 2021

Bitwig and Live are both great, I own and use them both. You could list a dozen unique advantages for either…they are very different despite appearing similar, so not that easy to compare. Live also has PUSH2 which is next level hardware control and a different thing again….

In many ways Reason is the better linear DAW, better mixer, audio pitch correction etc…so you will be giving up a lot if you switch completely…the grass isn’t always greener….

StephenHutchinson

Post 26 Jun 2021

lecafard wrote:
24 May 2021
I am a long time Ableton user. Bitwig is a refinement of the system with instruments, effects and modulators far superior to what I found in Ableton. I am delighted with Bitwig + Reason working as a team. Bitwig is my DAW since I tried it and there is no going back.
I couldn't agree more. I have both Ableton Live Suite 11 and Bitwig 3. I use both for different purposes but I'm mainly using Bitwig now for all that you have mentioned. It just plays so nicely with the RRP and setting up Reason's Players to drive Bitwig instruments is just phenomenally easy to do.
:reason: Reason+ - (Reason user since v.1.0)
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

StephenHutchinson

Post 27 Jun 2021

ShelLuser wrote:
25 Jun 2021

You do realize that if you're not online then Bitwig refuses to run? At all? Think "Reason+ with extra "motivations" on top".
What are you talking about? What version of Bitwig are (or were) you using when you came to this conclusion?

I just killed the wi-fi on my MacBook Pro, opened up Bitwig and Boom... easily working on a project, with no issues at all.
:reason: Reason+ - (Reason user since v.1.0)
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

korvaxsound

Post 27 Jun 2021

To the OP IMHO Bitwig > Live but I'd demo both and see how you feel about them.
ShelLuser wrote:
25 Jun 2021
(edit) This is not to be mistaken for offline activation. All I did today (in preperation for a blog post) was rip out my network cable. Lo and behold... a demo product refused to run due to a network disconnect... for crying out loud.. this a bad joke.
That is incorrect I use Bitwig offline all the time and that's how it's meant to work by design. There's a difference between needing online to work and a bug that lasted for a day and got patched quickly. They came out publicly and apologized assuring they will put in place the necessary fixes and changes for this to never happen again. What more do you want exactly?

• Information