Getting up & running with Reason in Logic & FL

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
User avatar
antic604
Posts: 735
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 16 Mar 2021

How exciting!



Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1985
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 16 Mar 2021

I wonder if we are going to get the standard Reason content out side of refills at some point, so you can use them in other daws and vst devices

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3243
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 16 Mar 2021

I mean, I get that they’ve got to do this, but...oof. 🤦🏻‍♂️

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1985
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 16 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
16 Mar 2021
I mean, I get that they’ve got to do this, but...oof. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm not so sure - all the other DAW users in the world have been using vst's and au's for many many years including midi processing so I'm certain they already know how to get them working...... :lol:

I'm hoping that RS creates a new utility for extracting refills so I can get better use out of my collection, that will come in handy and make looking for patches a bit easier.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 735
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 16 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
16 Mar 2021
I mean, I get that they’ve got to do this, but...oof. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm not so sure - all the other DAW users in the world have been using vst's and au's for many many years including midi processing so I'm certain they already know how to get them working...... :lol:
Those videos are for Reason DAW users, so that they could find their way in their new DAWs before their current one gets discontinued... ;) :?

Notice how Ryan says "Reason's collection of instruments, FX (...) now FOLLOWS you...".

If it was meant for other DAW users, he'd rather say "(...) is available" or (...) can be found". But no. It follows you, from Reason DAW to Logic, FL, Ableton, Studio One, ProTools...
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

stratatonic
Posts: 1261
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 16 Mar 2021

There WAS already a vid for Ableton from last year...

stratatonic
Posts: 1261
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 16 Mar 2021

Oh, I see you edited your last post antic...
ableton was also in the midi out vid as well

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 735
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 16 Mar 2021

stratatonic wrote:
16 Mar 2021
There WAS already a vid for Ableton from last year...
Yeah, I edited it because I noticed there indeed was already one for Live :) Thanks!
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1501
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 16 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
16 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Mar 2021


I'm not so sure - all the other DAW users in the world have been using vst's and au's for many many years including midi processing so I'm certain they already know how to get them working...... :lol:
Those videos are for Reason DAW users, so that they could find their way in their new DAWs before their current one gets discontinued... ;) :?

Notice how Ryan says "Reason's collection of instruments, FX (...) now FOLLOWS you...".

If it was meant for other DAW users, he'd rather say "(...) is available" or (...) can be found". But no. It follows you, from Reason DAW to Logic, FL, Ableton, Studio One, ProTools...
What are you... a speech writer now?!

CrunkNationEnt
Posts: 167
Joined: 28 Apr 2015

Post 16 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Mar 2021
I'm hoping that RS creates a new utility for extracting refills so I can get better use out of my collection, that will come in handy and make looking for patches a bit easier.
This...Please...Quickly! :?

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 735
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 17 Mar 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
16 Mar 2021
What are you... a speech writer now?!
What are you? Clueless and oblivious to the meaning of words?
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8288
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
16 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Mar 2021


I'm not so sure - all the other DAW users in the world have been using vst's and au's for many many years including midi processing so I'm certain they already know how to get them working...... :lol:
Those videos are for Reason DAW users, so that they could find their way in their new DAWs before their current one gets discontinued... ;) :?

Notice how Ryan says "Reason's collection of instruments, FX (...) now FOLLOWS you...".

If it was meant for other DAW users, he'd rather say "(...) is available" or (...) can be found". But no. It follows you, from Reason DAW to Logic, FL, Ableton, Studio One, ProTools...
You are trying too hard lol.

"Follows you everywhere", including going from another DAW like Logic to Reason 😉

And you say that these videos are intended to get existing Reason DAW users to move to other DAWs...? Users like yourself who I guess need to be shown how to create players and effects? 🤔 Lol

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8288
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
16 Mar 2021
I mean, I get that they’ve got to do this, but...oof. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm not so sure - all the other DAW users in the world have been using vst's and au's for many many years including midi processing so I'm certain they already know how to get them working...... :lol:

I'm hoping that RS creates a new utility for extracting refills so I can get better use out of my collection, that will come in handy and make looking for patches a bit easier.
Huh? Because other DAWs don't have any new users? 😆 I guess y'all should break the news to them that they have no new customers and you could start the doomsday announcements for those other DAWs lol.

This is just the same as when other devs create videos for every DAW to show how to install/open their plugins.




User avatar
antic604
Posts: 735
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 17 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
17 Mar 2021
You are trying too hard lol.
From my perspective, you're trying really hard to not see the obvious and pretend things don't happen.

Yet, I'm totally fine with you being able to do that and I remain respectful and don't "lol" you every othe post.

joeyluck wrote:
17 Mar 2021
Users like yourself who I guess need to be shown how to create players and effects? 🤔 Lol
Thanks, I manage just fine in 5 DAWs I own.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8288
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Mar 2021

You're on a mission to try to prove some theory by pulling quotes out of context. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you are trying to be funny...

The rack follows you EVERYWHERE including from FL to Logic or whatever, from Reason to Pro Tools or whatever, and from whatever DAW to Reason. It will follow this way or that way, or back and forth from Reason.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3243
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 17 Mar 2021

I think you’re both trying very hard to convince others (maybe yourselves?) that everything is wrong/great in Reasonland. the reality is assuredly somewhere in the middle. RS/Reason is not without serious faults, but there’s also no reason to keep harping on it as if its core feature is being abandoned.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 735
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 17 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
17 Mar 2021
The rack follows you EVERYWHERE including from FL to Logic or whatever, from Reason to Pro Tools or whatever, and from whatever DAW to Reason. It will follow this way or that way, or back and forth from Reason.
You're trying too hard :D

Show me a video from developers of Serum, Kontakt / Reaktor, etc. where they explain how to install & use those plugins in different DAWs, because their users are clueless and can't figure it out for themselves. I don't think I ever heard about Reaktor "following you" from one DAW to another... It's an inherent and obvious feature of a plugin released in generic format like VST or AU that can be used in many DAW environments. It doesn't need to be said.

No matter how much you're trying to spin this, those videos are made for current Reason DAW users who - temporarily or forever - decided to have the Rack "follow" them to another DAW.

Which is fine, but it is what it is.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

sdst
Posts: 842
Joined: 14 Jun 2015

Post 17 Mar 2021

I tried to use a single plugin with multiple instruments, with its outputs, all good

but I can't get each instrument to sound separate

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong

or the plugin doesn't have separate midi outputs

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 735
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 17 Mar 2021

sdst wrote:
17 Mar 2021
I tried to use a single plugin with multiple instruments, with its outputs, all good

but I can't get each instrument to sound separate

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong

or the plugin doesn't have separate midi outputs
Not sure what you're asking for - audio or MIDI?

RPP has multiple AUDIO outputs, so you can route them to different channels in your DAW from single instance of RRP. But RRP doesn't have separate MIDI outputs.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

sdst
Posts: 842
Joined: 14 Jun 2015

Post 17 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
17 Mar 2021
But RRP doesn't have separate MIDI outputs.
should have it if it's an Instrument Rack

kontakt has it

that way it would be used almost like the Reason Rack

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8288
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
17 Mar 2021
No matter how much you're trying to spin this, those videos are made for current Reason DAW users who - temporarily or forever - decided to have the Rack "follow" them to another DAW.

Which is fine, but it is what it is.
You are the one trying to spin it.

Current Reason users who need to be shown how to create effects and players? The point is, the video is for everybody. Maybe new to Reason, maybe new to FL Studio, etc...and yes having the rack follow you everywhere including from FL Studio to Reason DAW.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 735
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 17 Mar 2021

sdst wrote:
17 Mar 2021
antic604 wrote:
17 Mar 2021
But RRP doesn't have separate MIDI outputs.
should have it if it's an Instrument Rack

kontakt has it

that way it would be used almost like the Reason Rack
I think you mean MIDI *inputs*, right?
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

sdst
Posts: 842
Joined: 14 Jun 2015

Post 17 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
17 Mar 2021
I think you mean MIDI *inputs*, right?
whatever

I'm just saying that instead of having 5 Plugin with 5 instruments

one plugin with 5 instruments

but being able to play all 5 instruments independently like kontakt

why do i want that? just to have the rack like it's Reason

but that's my personal preference, and I say if this is an instrument rack

should have that option

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests