Renoise now supports the RRP

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
RoryM0

Post 03 Jan 2021

Good news for Renoise users wanting to use the RRP and RRP users wanting a new environment to Reason with.

The tracker Renoise has just updated and now supports VST3. It even uses the RRP as its example in the image announcing the update.
e7a9984b9b3f8d7b478b682135fcdff28ab1ebd5.jpeg
http://www.renoise.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RoryM0 on 04 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

tronam

Post 04 Jan 2021

Reason running inside of a tracker. For some reason this blows my old mind. :wtf:

antic604

Post 04 Jan 2021

Well, for now I can't even launch 3.3 because it hangs on indexing f**ing Waves' waveshells... :(
Reason Studios somehow fixed it in one of the 11.x updates, hope Renoise does too.
Music tech enthusiast. DAW, VST & hardware hoarder :D
My "music" - https://soundcloud.com/antic604

adfielding

Post 04 Jan 2021

tronam wrote:
04 Jan 2021
Reason running inside of a tracker. For some reason this blows my old mind. :wtf:
You're not the only one! People keep mentioning Renoise to me and, while I'm not in a hurry to switch my environment, I'd love to try it out with Reason at some point. Sounds like a fantastic match.

willy_dinglefinger

Post 04 Jan 2021

adfielding wrote:
04 Jan 2021
People keep mentioning Renoise to me and, while I'm not in a hurry to switch my environment, I'd love to try it out with Reason at some point. Sounds like a fantastic match.
It's fantastic man, well worth messing about with even just as a novelty. For a couple of reasons I'm using it as my main DAW at the mo and honestly it's great fun to use and kinda makes you think differently when composing / arranging (if, like me, you've never really bothered with trackers before).
Hypernormalise forum signatures :reason:

MannequinRaces

Post 04 Jan 2021

Awesome news!

16161d

Post 05 Jan 2021

I was playing around with RRP (probably the AU version as this was before the update) in Renoise a few weeks ago and it was pretty fun. But it was a hassle to do automation, as there's no easy way to assign parameters without knowing the exact value you're after, and because RRP has hundreds of these.... well...

It seems that devices claim those parameter numbers in order so it's not too bad, but it's also kind of an issue, because now Parameter 1010 or whatever could be completely different each time depending on what I have in the rack. Also the Parameters for the most part stay undefined, so you still don't know what parameter does what. The only way to figure it out is to painstakingly move each slider on the Instr. Automation device and see what it affects in RRP, either that are load a separate instance on RRP in a different DAW which does let you more easily work out the parameter number (ensuring also that you have the exact same rack setup).

For me it's just not something you can work with, if somebody else has found a better way of doing this than I could figure out I would love to know cause it would be fun to sequence all those potential control changes in the tracker. It seems to be both of an issue with Reason in how they handle how parameters get listed in the plugin and an issue with Renoise and how limited their automation mapping features are. (something that Reason has definitely spoilt us with compared to other DAW's)

• Information