connecting reason instruments in a midi track in cubase

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
donveda

29 Dec 2020

Hello , i get the trial version of reason 11, and i don't know how to use it with my daw, Cubase pro 7.5 : if i create 2 instruments in the reason rack and a reason track in Cubase as instrument track , then i create a midi track in Cubase assigned to reason but both instrument play together ( for example Kong and NNXT piano ) Is it possible to assign reason instrument of the rack on midi track in the daw (Cubase) ???

Thank You !!

antic604

30 Dec 2020

donveda wrote:
29 Dec 2020
Hello , i get the trial version of reason 11, and i don't know how to use it with my daw, Cubase pro 7.5 : if i create 2 instruments in the reason rack and a reason track in Cubase as instrument track , then i create a midi track in Cubase assigned to reason but both instrument play together ( for example Kong and NNXT piano ) Is it possible to assign reason instrument of the rack on midi track in the daw (Cubase) ???

Thank You !!
No. Reason Rack Plugin was designed to work as a single instrument, not to be multi-timbral like Halion or Kontakt.

Obviously you can still create 2 separate instruments within it, put them in a Combinator and then map them to separate ranges of the MIDI keyboard, which might work for some use-cases. But it's easier to simply use 2 instances of Reason Rack Plugin, i.e. one for NNXT piano and second for Kong and put them on Cubases instrument tracks.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

donveda

31 Dec 2020

Thank you Antic 604, Happy new year and all the best !! :)
Patrice.

antic604

31 Dec 2020

donveda wrote:
31 Dec 2020
Thank you Antic 604, Happy new year and all the best !! :)
Patrice.
All the best to you, too! :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

• Information