Splash screen is a turn off

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Jackjackdaw

Post 23 Nov 2020

There are a few things I don't like about the RRP. But I realised, the main thing is that when you load a project with a RRP instance in, Reason displays its splash screen while it loads. I find it really clunky and when I come back to a project and that splash screen comes up, the first thing I do is see if I can get away with deleting the RRP and using something else instead. Imagine if all the VSTs had their own splash screen!

MrFigg

Post 23 Nov 2020

Can't you turn it off if you go to File and then Song Information...there's a check box for Show Splash Screen. On the full version anyway.
丰2ॐ

Jackjackdaw

Post 23 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2020
Can't you turn it off if you go to File and then Song Information...there's a check box for Show Splash Screen. On the full version anyway.
I didn't know that, I will check!

antic604

Post 23 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2020
That's for Song, not for Reason / RRP itself.
Music tech enthusiast. DAW, VST & hardware hoarder :D
My "music" - https://soundcloud.com/antic604

DecafDreams

Post 27 Nov 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
23 Nov 2020
There are a few things I don't like about the RRP. But I realised, the main thing is that when you load a project with a RRP instance in, Reason displays its splash screen while it loads. I find it really clunky and when I come back to a project and that splash screen comes up, the first thing I do is see if I can get away with deleting the RRP and using something else instead. Imagine if all the VSTs had their own splash screen!
This is definitely something I think Reason Studios should provide an option to turn off in the plug-in!!

zabukowski

Post 01 Jan 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
23 Nov 2020
+1

Billy

Post 01 Jan 2021

You should think of it as the initialisation of old hardware when it's just blinking for a while before it's ready for use, and without it your not sure if it's working.
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:
Follow Me @ https://twitch.tv/buskinbills

ShelLuser

Post 06 Jan 2021

To be honest the splash never bothered me. IMO it even makes sense because you're not necessarily adding a plugin to your setup, you're adding a separate DAW (a small part of it at least).

And other vsts do this too btw, take Vocaloid.. Once again a plugin which basically gives you access to a separate program.

In all fairness though.. Max for Live does this as well, and I use that very often. So obviously I'm a bit used to it.
--- :reason:
Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push), Reason Rack Plugin and Maschine (+ the ultimate Komplete 13).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

• Information