RRP external VSTs just like Reason DAW?

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
zero-13

05 Sep 2020

So I finally got around to trying out using RRP, specifically Player devices, Dual Arpeggiator, Quad Note etc. got it going in Studio One to play Presence, Serum, Obsession VST... works great, however, tis messy having two tracks.

So the Ozone 9 VST (***This is way wrong, I meant OZ9 standalone but I still wrote VST, so here it shall remain. :redface: ) lets you load other VSTs into it, Reason Suite of course has VST support, so how much more awesome would the Reason Rack Plugin be if it kept the same VST support that Reason DAW has.

Would be so clean and nice to just load Serum right into RRP and Dual Arp, Scales & Chords or Amy other player device as usual!

I couldn’t find it but I’m certain everyone else using RRP has mentioned this already, does anyone know if this is something that is hopefully in the works eventually?
Last edited by zero-13 on 08 Sep 2020, edited 1 time in total.

antic604

08 Sep 2020

zero-13 wrote:
05 Sep 2020
So I finally got around to trying out using RRP, specifically Player devices, Dual Arpeggiator, Quad Note etc. got it going in Studio One to play Presence, Serum, Obsession VST... works great, however, tis messy having two tracks.

So the Ozone 9 VST lets you load other VSTs into it, Reason Suite of course has VST support, so how much more awesome would the Reason Rack Plugin be if it kept the same VST support that Reason DAW has.

Would be so clean and nice to just load Serum right into RRP and Dual Arp, Scales & Chords or Amy other player device as usual!

I couldn’t find it but I’m certain everyone else using RRP has mentioned this already, does anyone know if this is something that is hopefully in the works eventually?
Since 11.2 you can send MIDI out of the RRP, so driving e.g. Serum or Presence XT with Players is possible (and lots of fun!):

Also, Obsession has been released in RE format and is free to anyone who has the VST, so just contact Synapse Audio support for them to add it to your account :)

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... obsession/
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

PhillipOrdonez

08 Sep 2020

Ozone 9 vst cannot load vsts within lol 😂

Jackjackdaw

08 Sep 2020

zero-13 wrote:
05 Sep 2020

So the Ozone 9 VST lets you load other VSTs into it, Reason Suite of course has VST support, so how much more awesome would the Reason Rack Plugin be if it kept the same VST support that Reason DAW has.

I think there is considerable support from users for VST hosting in RRP. But Reason Studios are tight lipped as ever about what will or won't appear in future updates.

zero-13

08 Sep 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Sep 2020
Yeah, I hear you, however I didn't mean to wrongly state the Ozone 9 VST loads VSTs.

To better clarify the uninformed thought, I was seeing that Ozone 9 standalone lets you load VSTs, and me not being a coder and having zero understanding of any VST SDK, I figured, man that would be awesome if RRP could do what it's big bro does.

I honestly didn't, and still don't don't, see the apparently obvious reality breaking impossibility of having a VST load another VST, noob that I am... however, if I had known it was impossible, the odds of me still asking this question would have been reduced by at least 40%? :)

I'm just grateful I was able to bring a little lol into a few lives with my day dreaming question. :puf_bigsmile:

zero-13

08 Sep 2020

Also, Obsession has been released in RE format and is free to anyone who has the VST, so just contact Synapse Audio support for them to add it to your account :)

[/quote]

Wait, if you purchased Obsession VST you get the RE version as well?!

Nice! :D

zero-13

08 Sep 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
08 Sep 2020
zero-13 wrote:
05 Sep 2020

I think there is considerable support from users for VST hosting in RRP. But Reason Studios are tight lipped as ever about what will or won't appear in future updates.
Thanks for your reply!

So this makes me hope that it might be possible to do if RS decides to, the ability would make an already amazing super-plugin even more so!
Last edited by zero-13 on 08 Sep 2020, edited 1 time in total.

PhillipOrdonez

08 Sep 2020

zero-13 wrote:
08 Sep 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Sep 2020
Yeah, I hear you, however I didn't mean to wrongly state the Ozone 9 VST loads VSTs.

To better clarify the uninformed thought, I was seeing that Ozone 9 standalone lets you load VSTs, and me not being a coder and having zero understanding of any VST SDK, I figured, man that would be awesome if RRP could do what it's big bro does.

I honestly didn't, and still don't don't, see the apparently obvious reality breaking impossibility of having a VST load another VST, noob that I am... however, if I had known it was impossible, the odds of me still asking this question would have been reduced by at least 40%? :)

I'm just grateful I was able to bring a little lol into a few lives with my day dreaming question. :puf_bigsmile:
It is not impossible for a vst to load a vst. It can be done. Maschine vst does load vst instrument and effects when it is loaded as a vst within a host. So it is possible and we are all waiting for Reason to support loading bay instruments just like you! Full disclosure, no coding here, no idea of SDK anything, in fact I don't even know what SDK stands for.

I did know ozone 9 could not load vsts though, why would it when the host can load them just fine? But with things like RRP, there is a reason for it, and please excuse the non intended pun. 😀🤗

zero-13

08 Sep 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Sep 2020
zero-13 wrote:
08 Sep 2020

It is not impossible for a vst to load a vst. It can be done. Maschine vst does load vst instrument and effects when it is loaded as a vst within a host. So it is possible and we are all waiting for Reason to support loading bay instruments just like you! Full disclosure, no coding here, no idea of SDK anything, in fact I don't even know what SDK stands for.

I did know ozone 9 could not load vsts though, why would it when the host can load them just fine? But with things like RRP, there is a reason for it, and please excuse the non intended pun. 😀🤗
Thank you for clarifying and letting me know it is indeed possible!

I'm just glad this forum is so tolerant of me and my Noob ICBM lol level questions, the kindness is not lost on me and is greatly appreciated, mainly because I make myself eye-roll at my own musings daily so I realize the effort lol. :puf_bigsmile:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2020

Send Reason support your request for VSTs inside the RRP as well as VST midi out. The more requests this get the bigger probability it will happen.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

zero-13

09 Sep 2020

antic604 wrote:
08 Sep 2020
zero-13 wrote:
05 Sep 2020

Since 11.2 you can send MIDI out of the RRP, so driving e.g. Serum or Presence XT with Players is possible (and lots of fun!):

Dude, I wanted to say thank you for the heads up on the Obsession RE!

Can't say enough good things about the awesome people of Synapse Audio!

zero-13

09 Sep 2020

Boombastix wrote:
08 Sep 2020
Send Reason support your request for VSTs inside the RRP as well as VST midi out. The more requests this get the bigger probability it will happen.
Sent! :D

• Information