Unable to resize RRP in Logic Pro X

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Alrek

17 Aug 2020

Since several releases now the RRP in Logic Pro X is not resizable.
This is very inconvenient when using more than a handful devices or some of the more recent (ridiculous) large ones.

Or is it just my machine?
If not it would be good to now if the Props.. erm Reason Studios is aware of this issue.

jwd606

17 Aug 2020

Squinting at the screen is the Reason way...

Alrek

28 Aug 2023

Is it still not possible to resize the RRP window in Logic Pro or is it my machine? Perhaps I am missing a setting?

I find it really frustrating that I can just show one single full size device on my screen which offers so much more screen space... :(

PhillipOrdonez

28 Aug 2023

Do you not have the zoom button between the settings and the hide cables buttons?

huggermugger

28 Aug 2023

Works for me. Logic 10.7 and Reason 12.2
Attachments
asdfadsf.jpg
asdfadsf.jpg (521.9 KiB) Viewed 6560 times

Alrek

28 Aug 2023

Sorry for the confusion. I mean the ability to horizontally and vertically resize the plugin window in order to show more content.
The zooming is working fine for me.

huggermugger

28 Aug 2023

Alrek wrote:
28 Aug 2023
Sorry for the confusion. I mean the ability to horizontally and vertically resize the plugin window in order to show more content.
I zoomed the RRP to answer your question, and now I'm stuck with this. I can't move the window down to see the header and reduce the zoom level. Anyone have a suggestion?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 7.56.44 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 7.56.44 PM.jpg (534.05 KiB) Viewed 6515 times

Loque

28 Aug 2023

Alrek wrote:
28 Aug 2023
This is generally not possible. Only one track line in RRP.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

28 Aug 2023

huggermugger wrote:
28 Aug 2023
Alrek wrote:
28 Aug 2023
I zoomed the RRP to answer your question, and now I'm stuck with this. I can't move the window down to see the header and reduce the zoom level. Anyone have a suggestion?
You should create a ticket for this.

Maybe this seeing is saved in a config file in the reason folders. Cannot look for it at the moment, sorry...
Reason12, Win10

huggermugger

28 Aug 2023

Problem solved by fucking around with Mission Control. Shouldn't have had to solve the problem at all.

Amongst other things, this points to Reason's pathetic lack of key commands. SO many functions that have no key command, and with no option to customize them, we're fucked. The Zoom level in the RRP has no key command equivalent. WTF??

Ah well, at least the latest update solved some two year old bugs. I still maintain that Reason is not a DAW. It's Lego for "producers".
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 8.25.44 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 8.25.44 PM.jpg (466.06 KiB) Viewed 6499 times

Alrek

29 Aug 2023

I See that the RRP is limited to a single vertical rack, which would be fine for me. But it REALLY should be possible to resize it vertically in order to see more than one single full size device on the screen at once.
I remember that resizing the panel of the RRP on other DAWs is possible so it would be great to have it in Logic too.

@huggermugger: Sorry for causing you troubles. I am glad it could be sorted out.

luckygreen

21 Oct 2023

Alrek wrote:
29 Aug 2023
I See that the RRP is limited to a single vertical rack, which would be fine for me. But it REALLY should be possible to resize it vertically in order to see more than one single full size device on the screen at once.
I remember that resizing the panel of the RRP on other DAWs is possible so it would be great to have it in Logic too.

@huggermugger: Sorry for causing you troubles. I am glad it could be sorted out.
At least I can tell you what it's like on Windows, maybe that is of some help:

When I load the VST3-RRP in Ableton Live Suite 11 I can choose a zoom level like huggermugger has shown. And to resize the plugin GUI window I have to point at the top or bottom edge of the RRP and drag and drop the edge to make it bigger or smaller. Hope that helps.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

Alrek

10 Nov 2023

Thank you for your response! Yes, I have noticed that the VST version of the RRP can be resized vertically in other DAWs.
I think this is just an unfortunate oversight of the AU version for Logic Pro. I hope that a dev might come here and understand this issue.

I am on a 4K monitor and seeing so much wasted potential vertically space for the RRP just makes me sad. :|

• Information