RRP Lite for FREE on Plugin Boutique

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
03 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2020

That’s the thing. I don’t have the 11.2 installer. Can I get that from RS when I register 11.3?
Just download it from here:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... BitTorrent
That’s the one. Thanks. Great :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

kuhliloach

03 Jul 2020

joeyluck wrote:
03 Jul 2020
kuhliloach wrote:
03 Jul 2020
It's comical to me as someone who owns these devices for so many years that with R10 installed with the lite plug-in I cannot use basic stock instruments I've already paid for. Laughable. My solution for this rather than downgrade the lite plug-in as discussed here will simply be to not use Europa, Thor, KONG, and whatever else has been carelessly removed. I have enough RE's and sounds I can just stay in the Logic environment be happy without those old instruments.
You're confusing versions here. Reason Lite and the Lite RRP are simply that—the Lite version. What you're saying is the equivalent of upgrading from Reason 10 standard to Reason 11 Lite or Intro and expecting to access all the devices in the Lite or Intro version. It's never worked that way. If you want the full version of the RRP, you get the full version upgrade.
Considering RRP doesn't work in GarageBand I'm glad I went the Plug-In Boutique route and avoided the unneeded spending. Besides I have too many choices as it is. A few less is probably a blessing. Things like Kong, Thor, Europa are redundant for me as I already have more synths and drum machines than I could ever need.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2020

I see the point with the Lite 11.3 RRP, using ALL my RE's in another DAW - excellent.

But, why are you guys trying to install Lite 11.2? 8 tracks, missing most stuff of full Reason, no RRP, etc., just what is the point?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

hurricane
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2020

Umm, I guess it benefits the pure Reason Lite users who had a lot of their devices removed in the 11.3 update. Now Reason Lite users can have the RRP AND still use their normal Reason Lite. And I suppose those who never updated to R11 can get a taste of curved automation and all the tiny blah updates to R11's daw side, while using all the regular Reason devices.

My friend uses Lite for his solo guitar work. But he also threw in some Europa every once in a while. When they removed Europa from 11.3 he was pissed. It's the reason I figured out you could have the 11.3 rack and the 11.2 daw installed at the same time.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Proboscis

04 Jul 2020

I don't have RRP, and no intention to upgrade until the next full version release. And while I would have loved to try this product out through the PiB offer and start using another DAW (I intend to leave Reason DAW anyway), I would miss having Dr. Octo-Rex

DaveyG

04 Jul 2020

joeyluck wrote:
03 Jul 2020

You're confusing versions here. Reason Lite and the Lite RRP are simply that—the Lite version. What you're saying is the equivalent of upgrading from Reason 10 standard to Reason 11 Lite or Intro and expecting to access all the devices in the Lite or Intro version. It's never worked that way. If you want the full version of the RRP, you get the full version upgrade.
The oddity is, though, that RRP Lite *will* work with any paid and free REs on your account, just not most of the built-in devices that come with Reason Full. If you have as many REs as some of the posters on here that makes a the Lite version pretty heavy. :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

04 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
04 Jul 2020
joeyluck wrote:
03 Jul 2020

The oddity is, though, that RRP Lite *will* work with any paid and free REs on your account, just not most of the built-in devices that come with Reason Full. If you have as many REs as some of the posters on here that makes a the Lite version pretty heavy. :thumbs_up:
That's not an oddity. That's how every version of Reason works.

Lotuz2019

04 Jul 2020

Hi guys,

Can you use Codemeter to run Lite 11.3 RRP on a PC without Internet connection? Or does Codemeter only work with certain versions of Reason?

madmacman

04 Jul 2020

What a f***ing mess :thumbs_down:

RRP Lite has stopped working this morning. It pops up with online authorization (I'm fine with that) but then "connects" forever without success. Standalone version works though.

I hate it already and I'm glad I didn't spend more than 3 bucks for it.

EDIT: Okay, I've already calmed down a bit.

Seems like a bug in RRP with Studio One 4.6.2 when replacing an existing plugin of a track (dragging over track). Then the authorization dialog pops up. If I create simply a new track it still works.

EDIT2: As soon as I have provoked that issue once, creating a new track also no longer works (authorization popup appears).

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2020

kuhliloach wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Considering RRP doesn't work in GarageBand...
The RRP works in Garageband:

rrpgb.png
rrpgb.png (584.33 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

robotgard

04 Jul 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Lotuz2019

04 Jul 2020

robotgard wrote:
04 Jul 2020
Lotuz2019 wrote:
04 Jul 2020
Hi guys,

Can you use Codemeter to run Lite 11.3 RRP on a PC without Internet connection? Or does Codemeter only work with certain versions of Reason?
Yes, I use it with usb dongle also.
Thanks! :thumbup:

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2020

Lotuz2019 wrote:
04 Jul 2020
robotgard wrote:
04 Jul 2020

Yes, I use it with usb dongle also.
Thanks! :thumbup:
My Plugin Boutique 11.3.1 Lite shows in my RS account that it is "online only" with no way to move it to my USB. The standalone asks me to log in every single time.
Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 10.53.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 10.53.36 AM.png (43.74 KiB) Viewed 2054 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Lotuz2019

04 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
04 Jul 2020
My Plugin Boutique 11.3.1 Lite shows in my RS account that it is "online only" with no way to move it to my USB. The standalone asks me to log in every single time.
That's disappointing. Maybe I'll pick it up anyway. It could be useful someday, but not at this moment. Thanks! :thumbup:

diminished
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2020

One thing I'm certain of is that we'll see deep discounts on Full/Suite upgrades in the future. To anyone on the edge of upgrading just so they can use Thor, Europa and Echo in another DAW: just wait a little longer :) if you've avoided R11 so far, you can do so for just a few more months.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

DaveyG

04 Jul 2020

Lotuz2019 wrote:
04 Jul 2020
hurricane wrote:
04 Jul 2020
That's disappointing. Maybe I'll pick it up anyway. It could be useful someday, but not at this moment. Thanks! :thumbup:
That's a shame. I was wondering about picking it up for the laptop but online auth is no good for that. It does look like you can transfer the licence though. I assumed they would have made it NFR.

Lotuz2019

04 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
04 Jul 2020
I assumed they would have made it NFR.
On PB it says:

You cannot resell your copy of Reason Lite Rack Plugin.

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2020

diminished wrote:
04 Jul 2020
One thing I'm certain of is that we'll see deep discounts on Full/Suite upgrades in the future. To anyone on the edge of upgrading just so they can use Thor, Europa and Echo in another DAW: just wait a little longer :) if you've avoided R11 so far, you can do so for just a few more months.
If they thought removing Thor, Dr. OctoRex, Malstrom, Europa, etc. would make people like me upgrade to the full version - they were wrong! I never use those. I use Subtractor a lot, and I think Monotone is their best sounding synth, so thanks RS for leaving those in the Lite RRP!

I do really miss the NNXT though. I can't use any of my best refills in the RRP. But I still won't upgrade until they give the DAW a major update. Logic has spoiled me.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
04 Jul 2020
diminished wrote:
04 Jul 2020
If they thought removing Thor, Dr. OctoRex, Malstrom, Europa, etc. would make people like me upgrade to the full version - they were wrong! I never use those. I use Subtractor a lot, and I think Monotone is their best sounding synth, so thanks RS for leaving those in the Lite RRP!

I do really miss the NNXT though. I can't use any of my best refills in the RRP. But I still won't upgrade until they give the DAW a major update. Logic has spoiled me.
I don’t have Logic but I agree with every single other thing you just wrote.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

robotgard

04 Jul 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2020

Ok, so then what's the difference? I got Reason Lite 11 from Plugin Boutique. I didn't have a previous 11 Lite version registered in my account. Did you do the same?
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

04 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
04 Jul 2020
kuhliloach wrote:
03 Jul 2020

rrpgb.png
It "works" but it's not officially supported and REs don't work—just built-in devices.

DaveyG

04 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
04 Jul 2020
Ok, so then what's the difference? I got Reason Lite 11 from Plugin Boutique. I didn't have a previous 11 Lite version registered in my account. Did you do the same?
Yeah, odd. Maybe one of you has authorised the PC/Mac with another Reason licence or something? I'm speculating.

kuhliloach

04 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
04 Jul 2020
kuhliloach wrote:
03 Jul 2020

rrpgb.png
Security errors and no Rack Extensions

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2020

I have nothing authorized to my Mac - everything is on the USB. I removed my old R10 lite license to see if it made a difference. Nope. I refreshed and authorized everything to my USB just now, and Lite 11.3.1 from Plugin Boutique still shows as online only. I bet this is a new thing with fresh Lite 11.3 installations.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

• Information