RRP Lite for FREE on Plugin Boutique

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2020

xfxmrl wrote:
01 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Anyone used the One Small Cue Poise Drum Module mentioned above? I can't find anything about it. KVR says it's €49 and not free. Even the Devs homepage just has a download link and that's about it.
https://www.onesmallclue.com/
Thanks. I know. That link was already posted above. Just wondered if anyone else uses it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dan_g

02 Jul 2020

so i just pulled the trigger too and got my free lite.

got this vst because i was looking for a saturation plugin anyways:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/6270-Punisher
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2020

dan_g wrote:
02 Jul 2020

Hahaha. Ironically that VST was free With any purchase on PB about a month ago. 😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dan_g

02 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
02 Jul 2020
dan_g wrote:
02 Jul 2020

Hahaha. Ironically that VST was free With any purchase on PB about a month ago. 😂
yeah, i have seen that. well this 11€ don't hurt me. and at least its more usefull that that strange w.a. production thing.
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

DaveyG

02 Jul 2020

So do you think we're going to see some new RE bundles in the store aimed at the new 11 lite crowd?
Could be a game changer.

And do you think we'll see R10/11 owners nabbing the free Lite version then selling their full licences but keeping their REs to use with Lite.
The standalone Lite has many restrictions on track count etc but does the rack plugin have any restrictions? Can you have loads of instances of it at once?

Rackman

02 Jul 2020

I think for me Grain is the only thing I'm really going to miss. I have everything else is covered by better non-stock devices.

Thanks for the free ejector seat @reasonstudios.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2020

dan_g wrote:
02 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
02 Jul 2020

yeah, i have seen that. well this 11€ don't hurt me. and at least its more usefull that that strange w.a. production thing.
I'm trying to juggle that too. Is it better to buy a €4 VST I'll never use or a €15 (€11 more) that I actually will. The 2nd option really. The offer is on until the end of the month though and in that time there'll probably be more stuff on sale.

Another question which I think I know the answer to. You upgrade Reason and you get all the devices from the previous version. I've got Lite 10 so...?
But I know pretty much that the anser is no.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2020

Just remembered I've got the Europa VST which I got for free when they first introduced Europa hahaha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

02 Jul 2020

Still not interested.
Im an R10 daw user. What use will R11 lite be for me?
Can i load it as a vst in R10?

Loque

02 Jul 2020

I read i cannot resell it, but can i gift it?
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
02 Jul 2020
If you don't register it you could give the license code to someone else...

You know where to find me :).Thanks? :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

02 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
02 Jul 2020
You can transfer it to another user but you have to wait a month or so. Or at least that was the rules with the 10 Lite that came with the iPad App. So as Mr F says just giving the licence codes to me is the best solution. Although I suppose you could give them to someone else too. :evil:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

02 Jul 2020

robotgard wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Its update version 11 Lite version 11.2.1 to version 11.3.1.
Added rack plugin. But removed Europa, Thor, Dr. Rex, NN-19, NN-XT and many bult-in devices.

Reason Lite 11 before: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/comparison

viewtopic.php?p=508870#p508870

From their marketing:

"Scary to some and strangely alluring to others, the reverse side of Reason’s rack is where you can go all-modular with the free routing of audio and control voltage signals. Control synth filters from envelope followers, control panning with LFOs or split up the audio signal to create huge sonic landscapes with parallel processing."

So, to facillate this they remove the one device that makes using back panel LFO modulation a little less scary. :roll:

Yup, they've nixed Pulsar according to that list, leaving only SubTractor and Matrix to produce external signals that can do it. Matrix was never an especially friendly device to use, if the idea is to produce an easy-to-use lite version as an advert for novices, and SubTractor's LFO output is very basic.

Yet they leave Monotone–of all things—but remove REX (for which there's no RE replacement), and both samplers, leaving every sample ReFill unusable, so it's not really a plugin for those looking to quit Reason, at least not those who used ReFills. Losing RPG-8 is also pretty dumb if the idea is to encourage use and experimentation given how desperate everyone here was for a proper arp through the first half of the 00s, and there isn't a good RE replacement for that either, as they tend to be visually cluttered with feature creep, and hard or frustrating to use. They leave the MClass, but remove the 14:2 mixer. Yet the 14:2 mixer is the one with multiple sends :/

What a very strange line up.

Leaving potential users with effectively less than a 2000-era Reason 1.0. The ironic thing is they're most likely to be the ones to make further purchases if they're impressed with the "free" version. If the "free" version just underwhelms, then it's just a program that people don't use twice. This is especially true of "free" stuff. We've all been there, downloading and installing every "free" thing we can find. 90% of it we never use. So to stand out it has to impress. This is not a "free" plugin aimed at new users. It's not a plugin designed to help Reason users transition to another DAW as it doesn't support REX or Reason's huge sampled instrument library.

And it's, despite the OP's thread title, which really should be changed, not free.
Last edited by JiggeryPokery on 02 Jul 2020, edited 3 times in total.

dan_g

02 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
02 Jul 2020
I'm trying to juggle that too. Is it better to buy a €4 VST I'll never use or a €15 (€11 more) that I actually will. The 2nd option really. The offer is on until the end of the month though and in that time there'll probably be more stuff on sale.

Another question which I think I know the answer to. You upgrade Reason and you get all the devices from the previous version. I've got Lite 10 so...?
But I know pretty much that the anser is no.
yeah you can wait. for me it was ok this way.

i guess when you "upgrade" your Lite you will more like "downgrade" except of the RRP.

@Fretshot: for me its the same. Reason 10 is my only daw. but the time may come were i want to experiment somewere else ;)

robotgard

02 Jul 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
02 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
02 Jul 2020
You can transfer it to another user but you have to wait a month or so. Or at least that was the rules with the 10 Lite that came with the iPad App. So as Mr F says just giving the licence codes to me is the best solution. Although I suppose you could give them to someone else too. :evil:
You did mean "So as Mr F says just giving the licence codes to me is the best solution". In inverted commas right?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2020

JiggeryPokery wrote:
02 Jul 2020
but remove REX (for which there's no RE replacement), and both samplers, leaving every sample ReFill unusable

Now there you have it. Didn't think of that. Sneaky muthahs.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zoidkirb

02 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
02 Jul 2020
So do you think we're going to see some new RE bundles in the store aimed at the new 11 lite crowd?
Could be a game changer.

And do you think we'll see R10/11 owners nabbing the free Lite version then selling their full licences but keeping their REs to use with Lite.
The standalone Lite has many restrictions on track count etc but does the rack plugin have any restrictions? Can you have loads of instances of it at once?
I'll never be selling my full R10. The RRP is cool, but Reason DAW has a unique workflow I'd rather not give up. Even if LITE wasn't missing most of the core devices it would still feel limited compared to the real rack.
AFAIK there is no restrictions on number of instances of RRP.

DaveyG

02 Jul 2020

The strangest decision about what they've removed is that they have removed two of the three devices you get in the iPad app: Europa and Rytmik. The whole "buy in" to that app was that you sketch something out then transfer it to you free desktop version of 10 Lite to continue working on it. So I guess the App stays with a free version of 10 Lite. It's all a bit fragmented and ill thought out!

If you want to use the app you need 10 Lite or 10 Full or 11 Full.
If you want to use Rewire you need 10 Full.
If you want the rack plugin you need 11 Lite or 11 Full.

(I've ignored Intro for clarity)

Rackman

02 Jul 2020

This makes a lot of sense if they then sell subscription bundles, as it gives them an extra tier - to add back in what they've removed. If they make that the low-priced 'starter' bundle. They have suite, so they would just need something in the middle.

robotgard

02 Jul 2020

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2020

robotgard wrote:
02 Jul 2020
DaveyG wrote:
02 Jul 2020
A little clarification. You can use Reason 11.2.1 Lite instead of Reason 11.3.1 Lite:

http://cdn.propellerheads.se/ReasonLite ... 186_59.dmg
http://cdn.propellerheads.se/ReasonLite ... 186_59.zip
http://cdn.propellerheads.se/torrents/R ... mg.torrent
http://cdn.propellerheads.se/torrents/R ... ip.torrent
What?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

02 Jul 2020

robotgard wrote:
02 Jul 2020
DaveyG wrote:
02 Jul 2020
A little clarification. You can use Reason 11.2.1 Lite instead of Reason 11.3.1 Lite:
That's astonishing, because I imagine you can't have both installed at once! So you choose 11.2 lite with more instruments and effects or 11.3 lite with the plugin. Amazing. They just needed to rebrand 11.3 lite to 11.3 rack and give it a completely separate licence. Imagine if you unwittingly upgraded from 11.2 to 11.3...

robotgard

02 Jul 2020

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2020

If it can be given away in some way then give me a PM. Bought something yesterday from boutique so should have it sitting untouched in my account (be home later this afternoon to see). First message gets it is fairest I guess.

EDIT this has now been given away.
Last edited by Popey on 02 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

• Information