RRP Lite for FREE on Plugin Boutique

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5276
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 05 Jul 2020

joeyluck wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Here are my thoughts on this:

If anybody here is a Reason Intro/Standard/Suite user, you are spending too much energy trying to get the Lite RRP and Lite standalone to work for you. It's not made with a focus on you. We're talking about a version made to be bundled for free with hardware and offered for free on Plugin Boutique. It's a version to entice new customers and non-Reason users.

Hasn't Reason Lite always required online authorization? And is that such a big deal?

The workaround to keep 11.2 Lite installed with 11.3 RRP makes sense for people who are primarily Lite users. If you weren't previously on Lite 11.2, stop trying to make it into something made for you and accept it for what it is. It is not made in mind for people on Reason 10 standard etc., who haven't upgraded to get the RRP. It's certainly a great way to play with it a bit, but don't act like they owe you and need to have it function like something it's not intended to be.
Totally agree with you on every point there Joey but PB should have had a “You must have an internet connection in order to use this software” note or similar.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1695
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 05 Jul 2020

joeyluck wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Here are my thoughts on this:

If anybody here is a Reason Intro/Standard/Suite user, you are spending too much energy trying to get the Lite RRP and Lite standalone to work for you. It's not made with a focus on you. We're talking about a version made to be bundled for free with hardware and offered for free on Plugin Boutique. It's a version to entice new customers and non-Reason users.

Hasn't Reason Lite always required online authorization? And is that such a big deal?

The workaround to keep 11.2 Lite installed with 11.3 RRP makes sense for people who are primarily Lite users. If you weren't previously on Lite 11.2, stop trying to make it into something made for you and accept it for what it is. It is not made in mind for people on Reason 10 standard etc., who haven't upgraded to get the RRP. It's certainly a great way to play with it a bit, but don't act like they owe you and need to have it function like something it's not intended to be.
Here is my view on your view of it: this is a forum for conversation and inquiry. There is no need to put restrictions on what people should or shouldn't think. People are free to decide what they accept or feel they are owed or not. No need to police these very benign conversations. Just my opinion.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 7368
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jul 2020

Zac wrote:
05 Jul 2020
joeyluck wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Here are my thoughts on this:

If anybody here is a Reason Intro/Standard/Suite user, you are spending too much energy trying to get the Lite RRP and Lite standalone to work for you. It's not made with a focus on you. We're talking about a version made to be bundled for free with hardware and offered for free on Plugin Boutique. It's a version to entice new customers and non-Reason users.

Hasn't Reason Lite always required online authorization? And is that such a big deal?

The workaround to keep 11.2 Lite installed with 11.3 RRP makes sense for people who are primarily Lite users. If you weren't previously on Lite 11.2, stop trying to make it into something made for you and accept it for what it is. It is not made in mind for people on Reason 10 standard etc., who haven't upgraded to get the RRP. It's certainly a great way to play with it a bit, but don't act like they owe you and need to have it function like something it's not intended to be.
Here is my view on your view of it: this is a forum for conversation and inquiry. There is no need to put restrictions on what people should or shouldn't think. People are free to decide what they accept or feel they are owed or not. No need to police these very benign conversations. Just my opinion.
Not policing. Just telling it like it is and this is my view of it, which I too am allowed. We are talking about Reason Lite.

DaveyG
Posts: 543
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 05 Jul 2020

joeyluck wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Here are my thoughts on this:

If anybody here is a Reason Intro/Standard/Suite user, you are spending too much energy trying to get the Lite RRP and Lite standalone to work for you. It's not made with a focus on you. We're talking about a version made to be bundled for free with hardware and offered for free on Plugin Boutique. It's a version to entice new customers and non-Reason users.

Hasn't Reason Lite always required online authorization? And is that such a big deal?

The workaround to keep 11.2 Lite installed with 11.3 RRP makes sense for people who are primarily Lite users. If you weren't previously on Lite, stop trying to make it into something made for you and accept it for what it is. It is not made in mind for people on Reason 10 standard etc., who haven't upgraded to get the RRP. It's certainly a great way to play with it a bit, but don't act like they owe you and need to have it function like something it's not intended to be.
Haha! Such a fanboi, Joey. Trying to make sense of that for which there is no sense! 10 Lite that comes with *free* Reason Compact on iOS can authorise your PC or your dongle. Go figure. Even Mattias is a bit red-faced about it.

This is about people who have not upgraded to 11 because they do not think it is worth the money. This is about those people trying to make 11.3 Lite work to allow them to access their, often extensive, collection of bought REs in another DAW. And, actually, you know that. I don't know why you are so defensive of RS all the time. As you are so keen to point out, this is an independent forum. It should back the forum users rather than RS.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5276
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 05 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
05 Jul 2020
joeyluck wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Here are my thoughts on this:

If anybody here is a Reason Intro/Standard/Suite user, you are spending too much energy trying to get the Lite RRP and Lite standalone to work for you. It's not made with a focus on you. We're talking about a version made to be bundled for free with hardware and offered for free on Plugin Boutique. It's a version to entice new customers and non-Reason users.

Hasn't Reason Lite always required online authorization? And is that such a big deal?

The workaround to keep 11.2 Lite installed with 11.3 RRP makes sense for people who are primarily Lite users. If you weren't previously on Lite, stop trying to make it into something made for you and accept it for what it is. It is not made in mind for people on Reason 10 standard etc., who haven't upgraded to get the RRP. It's certainly a great way to play with it a bit, but don't act like they owe you and need to have it function like something it's not intended to be.
Haha! Such a fanboi, Joey. Trying to make sense of that for which there is no sense! 10 Lite that comes with *free* Reason Compact on iOS can authorise your PC or your dongle. Go figure. Even Mattias is a bit red-faced about it.

This is about people who have not upgraded to 11 because they do not think it is worth the money. This is about those people trying to make 11.3 Lite work to allow them to access their, often extensive, collection of bought REs in another DAW. And, actually, you know that. I don't know why you are so defensive of RS all the time. As you are so keen to point out, this is an independent forum. It should back the forum users rather than RS.
And I totally agree with you on every point there too Davey :)
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7888
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 05 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
05 Jul 2020
joeyluck wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Here are my thoughts on this:

If anybody here is a Reason Intro/Standard/Suite user, you are spending too much energy trying to get the Lite RRP and Lite standalone to work for you. It's not made with a focus on you. We're talking about a version made to be bundled for free with hardware and offered for free on Plugin Boutique. It's a version to entice new customers and non-Reason users.

Hasn't Reason Lite always required online authorization? And is that such a big deal?

The workaround to keep 11.2 Lite installed with 11.3 RRP makes sense for people who are primarily Lite users. If you weren't previously on Lite, stop trying to make it into something made for you and accept it for what it is. It is not made in mind for people on Reason 10 standard etc., who haven't upgraded to get the RRP. It's certainly a great way to play with it a bit, but don't act like they owe you and need to have it function like something it's not intended to be.
Haha! Such a fanboi, Joey. Trying to make sense of that for which there is no sense! 10 Lite that comes with *free* Reason Compact on iOS can authorise your PC or your dongle. Go figure. Even Mattias is a bit red-faced about it.

This is about people who have not upgraded to 11 because they do not think it is worth the money. This is about those people trying to make 11.3 Lite work to allow them to access their, often extensive, collection of bought REs in another DAW. And, actually, you know that. I don't know why you are so defensive of RS all the time. As you are so keen to point out, this is an independent forum. It should back the forum users rather than RS.
This forum is for everyone. Its not biased, its independed as you said. Its about Reason, music, RE, discussing facts. Hopefully without personal attacks (got it!?). If someone has a need for a harsh tone, there are other forums out there which are better suited for a harsh tone and personal attacks.

Remember, state your point, accapt others. Like you cannot get conviced by something, you may not convince others. You must not agree to others, but accapt others state of mind.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1462
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 05 Jul 2020

Joey is not a fanboy, and I can personally attest to that.
But Enochlight on the other hand lol - I'm waiting for him to jump into this thread with his "positive spin/devil's advocate" tired take on things. :puf_bigsmile:
https://soundcloud.com/hurricane-music | https://soundcloud.com/hurricaneaudiolab
Mac mini | Logic Pro X | Reason 10.4 | DX7 | DX7s | TX7 | CZ-1 | JP-8080 | Virus Classic | Roland XP-80/XP-30/RD-700/D2/TR-09 | microKorg I 03R/W | SL990 PRO

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5276
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 05 Jul 2020

You could use Lite 11.2 offline right? Or?
If you could and you updated to 11.3 does that mean that you went to online use only?
I ask as it appears 11.2 could be authorized for offline use.
丰2ॐ

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1382
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 05 Jul 2020

People complaining about free stuff! So lucky you are, folks. So lucky.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5276
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 05 Jul 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
05 Jul 2020
People complaining about free stuff! So lucky you are, folks. So lucky.
Why so sarcastic Phill? Not like you.
Put it this way...a lot of folk bought something from Plugin Boutique just to get the Lite Plugin. It didn’t say anywhere at all it was an online only license. I’ve never even heard of Propellerheads having online only licenses up until today. It’s not free stuff people are complaining about.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5276
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 05 Jul 2020

Ok folks. Hands up. Just read the installation manual for Lite 11.3 and here’s the truth in black and white. I guess they did tell us. Just that I don’t usually RTFM before I buy a product haha :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 376
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 05 Jul 2020

I'm still stoked on the whole deal. For $3 I've scored myself over half of my perceived value of r11.

If people need offline activation and access to all devices they currently own in r10 there is already the perfect product available it's called Reason 11 and you can upgrade for $120.

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1382
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 05 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 Jul 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
05 Jul 2020
People complaining about free stuff! So lucky you are, folks. So lucky.
Why so sarcastic Phill? Not like you.
Put it this way...a lot of folk bought something from Plugin Boutique just to get the Lite Plugin. It didn’t say anywhere at all it was an online only license. I’ve never even heard of Propellerheads having online only licenses up until today. It’s not free stuff people are complaining about.
Is it sarcasm though, Herr Figg? I only see people complaining over something they got free, which isn't the main thing that costs but it's pretty close to it yet they complain. Do you not see it? I'm sorry if it sounds sarcastic to point out how well off people are that they complain about free stuff. 🤷‍♂️🤗

fretshot7
Posts: 475
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 05 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Ok folks. Hands up. Just read the installation manual for Lite 11.3 and here’s the truth in black and white. I guess they did tell us. Just that I don’t usually RTFM before I buy a product haha :)
so Mr Figg you got it from PB?
what did you purchase to get it, and what DAW are you going to use it in?

cheers bud

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1462
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 05 Jul 2020

It's good for what it is and for the price it is, and I personally don't mind the internet log-in as the plugin does it behind the scenes. Those of us who refused to upgrade to R11 get to use our REs in another DAW now for practically nothing, and until Reason the DAW gets better, my impulse buy urge to upgrade to R11 merely to use my REs in other DAW is GONE. I'll be satisfied with this set up for a potentially long time. However, I will definitely look forward to R12 with the intention of upgrading - unless they totally screw it up, which is a definite possibility.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Reason Lite 11.4 where they quietly take away RE support from the Lite rack.
https://soundcloud.com/hurricane-music | https://soundcloud.com/hurricaneaudiolab
Mac mini | Logic Pro X | Reason 10.4 | DX7 | DX7s | TX7 | CZ-1 | JP-8080 | Virus Classic | Roland XP-80/XP-30/RD-700/D2/TR-09 | microKorg I 03R/W | SL990 PRO

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2090
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jul 2020

As much as I'm not a fan of lite editions, $1 to use Rack extensions and devices in RP Lite 11.2 seems like a good deal.
In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Reason Lite 11.4 where they quietly take away RE support from the Lite rack.
Lol
---

User avatar
Proboscis
Posts: 839
Joined: 28 Aug 2019

Post 05 Jul 2020

joeyluck wrote:
05 Jul 2020
If anybody here is a Reason Intro/Standard/Suite user, you are spending too much energy trying to get the Lite RRP and Lite standalone to work for you. It's not made with a focus on you. We're talking about a version made to be bundled for free with hardware and offered for free on Plugin Boutique. It's a version to entice new customers and non-Reason users.
Yet here we are, six pages in :lol:

I'm going to take a speculative guess and say the 95% of users have their studio PC/Mac connected to the internet. We're also familiar with the online login process because we've done it many times over for trialing RE's. And for those who like to work on the go with a laptop in a public space, how hard is it to tether a smart phone wirelessly for internet access ? It takes me about 10 seconds to get a connection.

My view on the PiB freebie is this - there's zero value in this offer for anyone on Reason 11. What's the interest from others, I wonder ? Is it 'oh FREE STUFF, I MUST TAKE THIS UP' ? But what about those on Reason 10, or lower ? I have a passing interest only, because I have mostly lost interest in continuing to support RS. I'm of the 'one more and done' mind, that when R12 drops, that will be the end of my purchasing anything from RS.

Maybe I'll be compelled to take up the offer if an overwhelming urge takes me. It *would* be interesting to fool around and see how Reason RRP integrates with another DAW, but since EVERY song I compose includes Kong and Dr. Rex, it's not going to be a usable thing for me.

Something else I considered when reading this thread earlier - maybe it would be cool to 'hack' the free version's DAW pathway for a look at R11 Lite standalone, and particularly the new additions to the sequencer (curved automation, MIDI mute etc) since I have had no exposure to these things, being on R10. Again though, to what end ? It would be out of curiosity rather than as a usable product, since I'll still be missing Kong & Rex.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5276
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 06 Jul 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
05 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
05 Jul 2020


Why so sarcastic Phill? Not like you.
Put it this way...a lot of folk bought something from Plugin Boutique just to get the Lite Plugin. It didn’t say anywhere at all it was an online only license. I’ve never even heard of Propellerheads having online only licenses up until today. It’s not free stuff people are complaining about.
Is it sarcasm though, Herr Figg? I only see people complaining over something they got free, which isn't the main thing that costs but it's pretty close to it yet they complain. Do you not see it? I'm sorry if it sounds sarcastic to point out how well off people are that they complain about free stuff. 🤷‍♂️🤗
Yeah. I hold with you that complaining about free stuff doesn’t really serve any purpose. Speaking for myself though it’s the fact that potentially people could make a purchase in Plugin Boutique as opposed to another store on the grounds that they are being offered a free product. The installation instructions on PB make no reference to the fact that an internet connection is required to use the software. It’s the principle. I have however left the whole thing way behind me. I’ve fought the good fight all day yesterday and I don’t even have another DAW I want to use it in anyway Hahahaha :)
丰2ॐ

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5276
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 06 Jul 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
05 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Ok folks. Hands up. Just read the installation manual for Lite 11.3 and here’s the truth in black and white. I guess they did tell us. Just that I don’t usually RTFM before I buy a product haha :)
so Mr Figg you got it from PB?
what did you purchase to get it, and what DAW are you going to use it in?

cheers bud
Sphene LE
DAW as yet undecided but I’m guessing Reason 12 or 13 :).
丰2ॐ

fretshot7
Posts: 475
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 06 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020
fretshot7 wrote:
05 Jul 2020


so Mr Figg you got it from PB?
what did you purchase to get it, and what DAW are you going to use it in?

cheers bud
Sphene LE
DAW as yet undecided but I’m guessing Reason 12 or 13 :).
you want to shatter glass? 😉
what dare say is the point of using 'Reason nada' inside Reason?

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5276
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 06 Jul 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
06 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020


Sphene LE
DAW as yet undecided but I’m guessing Reason 12 or 13 :).
you want to shatter glass? 😉
what dare say is the point of using 'Reason nada' inside Reason?
Nothing of course. I was attempting to imply that the chances of me ever leaving Reason in reality are also nada. 10 to the end man :).
丰2ॐ

User avatar
dan_g
Posts: 187
Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Location: Germany

Post 06 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Ok folks. Hands up. Just read the installation manual for Lite 11.3 and here’s the truth in black and white. I guess they did tell us. Just that I don’t usually RTFM before I buy a product haha :)
so this leaves one question to me: do i need to have internet connection to run the RRP? or ist it required just for the Reason Lite Application to run?

i got the PB version now but had no time on my pc to try it out yet, thats why im asking.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 10.4 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

Dread Massaker (DRMSKR) Heavy Dubstep Project: https://soundcloud.com/drmskr

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1382
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 06 Jul 2020

dan_g wrote:
06 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Ok folks. Hands up. Just read the installation manual for Lite 11.3 and here’s the truth in black and white. I guess they did tell us. Just that I don’t usually RTFM before I buy a product haha :)
so this leaves one question to me: do i need to have internet connection to run the RRP? or ist it required just for the Reason Lite Application to run?

i got the PB version now but had no time on my pc to try it out yet, thats why im asking.
Sounds like you need it for the RRP lite. No need for full Reason 11 RRP.

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1382
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 06 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
05 Jul 2020


Is it sarcasm though, Herr Figg? I only see people complaining over something they got free, which isn't the main thing that costs but it's pretty close to it yet they complain. Do you not see it? I'm sorry if it sounds sarcastic to point out how well off people are that they complain about free stuff. 🤷‍♂️🤗
Yeah. I hold with you that complaining about free stuff doesn’t really serve any purpose. Speaking for myself though it’s the fact that potentially people could make a purchase in Plugin Boutique as opposed to another store on the grounds that they are being offered a free product. The installation instructions on PB make no reference to the fact that an internet connection is required to use the software. It’s the principle. I have however left the whole thing way behind me. I’ve fought the good fight all day yesterday and I don’t even have another DAW I want to use it in anyway Hahahaha :)
It was fun to read all that, I'll give you that! :)

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5276
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 06 Jul 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020


Yeah. I hold with you that complaining about free stuff doesn’t really serve any purpose. Speaking for myself though it’s the fact that potentially people could make a purchase in Plugin Boutique as opposed to another store on the grounds that they are being offered a free product. The installation instructions on PB make no reference to the fact that an internet connection is required to use the software. It’s the principle. I have however left the whole thing way behind me. I’ve fought the good fight all day yesterday and I don’t even have another DAW I want to use it in anyway Hahahaha :)
It was fun to read all that, I'll give you that! :)
Always a pleasure to brighten your day :).
丰2ॐ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests