Reason Rack Plugin Parameter Name Issue (Ableton)

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
w1pl0c

15 May 2020

Hi,

I'm running into an issue running Reason Rack Plugin in Ableton regarding parameter naming.

I can "configure" parameters within the Reason Rack Plugin, and the selected parameters are correctly displayed.
Example: "Pitch Bend", "NN-XT 1:Master Volume", "Mixer 1:Channel 1 Level", etc.

The issue occuring happens when I save the file as my new default template. (I am trying to pre-map the desired parameters, so that I can quickly use automation lanes in the Arrangement view).

When I reopen Ableton, all of the parameters I have added to the Rack Plugin are renamed "Parameter #1", "Parameter #2", etc. They still function.

Ableton doesn't have a way to rename over 8 parameters so my workaround is limited. (You can rename them by using Macros).

This is probably an issue on the Ableton side, but I thought I would leave this here in case anyone investigates.

Thanks!
Attachments
Captureable.PNG
Captureable.PNG (114.49 KiB) Viewed 5014 times

Sterioevo

15 May 2020

There is a way apparently, however it involves delving deep into preference files, away from actually making music (bit like remote really but I diverge) - https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=198887.
I understand that clyphX is a solution. I haven't been down this track, I do intend to at some point though....

w1pl0c

15 May 2020

Cool! Thanks for giving me somewhere to aim! (I like process refinement projects)

w1pl0c

15 May 2020

look how nice and organized it is!

Until I save the set as default.......
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 10.38.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 10.38.54 AM.png (209.46 KiB) Viewed 4973 times

w1pl0c

15 May 2020

I found a fix for populating device parameters by clicking and dragging the device a small amount in the Reason Rack plugin. The names now populate in "Configure".

I also found a fix for populating the automation lane names in ableton by clicking and dragging the track lane to a new spot.

Is this a bug?

Dave Beep

08 May 2023

w1pl0c wrote:
15 May 2020
I found a fix for populating device parameters by clicking and dragging the device a small amount in the Reason Rack plugin. The names now populate in "Configure".

Very late bump but thankyou for this it seems to work!

SebAudio

08 May 2023

Thanks for the bump ! I haven't seen this thread and this trick. Another one is to rename the device (tape strip)
I've opened a ticket with RS then Ableton (RS said it's not them). Ableton said they know the problem. Still not corrected. I'm still on Live 10, so perhaps it's ok with 11

• Information