Reason Rack Plugin - Can I get used to it?

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
bennoodle

Post 06 May 2020

Hey Everyone. Sorry if this has been covered already, couldnt see it.

i've been using Reason for years, and stuck with Reason 5 for the longest time, cos it did everythingI needed it to. I use it alongside Ableton for mixign with recorded instruments, and all the benefits etc of Ableton.

I recently upgraded to Abelton Live 10, and thought I'd give the Reason 11 Rack Plugin a go, as I'm mainly using it as an isntruemtn wihtin Ableton anyway. I like it in a lot of ways, but i can't figure out how to sequence pattern changes well.

For example, if i'm using a ReDrum or Matrix, and I have patterns on A1, A2 and A3 I want to switch between. In Reason I would use the pattern lane and sequence the changes that way. Using the Rack Plugin, I can record the track, and manually click the pattern buttons, recording the changes as midi, but that is clunky, and if I do a change out of time, I cant find anywhere to go and edit the sequencing in Abelton. When i click into the midi recording, its just the blank keyboard.

Any ideas?

Thoughts on the rack plugin version in general?

PhillipOrdonez

Post 06 May 2020

Got to learn how to do things... You automate the pattern changes in Ableton. You do this the same way you'd automate any plugin in Ableton.
Perpetual license holder

• Information