Anyone still have the SDK 2.5.0 installer?

This forum is for developers of Rack Extensions to discuss the RE SDK, share code, and offer tips to other developers.
brate8981

28 Aug 2023

Hello! Recently I reinstalled Windows on my computer because of driver failure (I let my cousin use it lmao). I forgot back up my data on the hard drive, so I lost my sdk folder, which contains versions of sdk installer from 2.5 to 4.3. Now I cannot test my projects in older version of reason recon because I lost the sdk. Could anyone help me with a way to download the SDK version 2.5.0? Thank you very much for your help! :D

jengstrom
Reason Studios

28 Aug 2023

Just curious here. Why would you like to test-run with older versions of Reason Recon?

When you build on the servers, you have to use a current SDK anyway, which means the device requires Reason 10.1 or later.
The RE hosting pretty much guarantees the device will work the same in Reason 10.1 and the latest version of Reason 12.

However maybe you have some local use case I am not considering.

brate8981

29 Aug 2023

jengstrom wrote:
28 Aug 2023
Just curious here. Why would you like to test-run with older versions of Reason Recon?

When you build on the servers, you have to use a current SDK anyway, which means the device requires Reason 10.1 or later.
The RE hosting pretty much guarantees the device will work the same in Reason 10.1 and the latest version of Reason 12.

However maybe you have some local use case I am not considering.
Hello jengstrom! I acknowledge that i have to use the latest version in order to build the RE, but there's this one thing I miss in older Recon:
Unlimited tracks. I've made song files in older Recon (for testing purpose only) and when i wanna test RE, i would just load the song file up, use the RE to add elements, see if it works well enough for normal usage then compile with the latest sdk. With newer Recon i couldnt load or make songs with more than 16 tracks and it kinda slow the workflow down.
So basically I test RE with older recon, compile it with newer sdk.

jengstrom
Reason Studios

31 Aug 2023

@brate8981: Thanks for that feedback - I will forward it. I had forgotten, and am a bit surprised that this limitation appeared at some point.
Do you know the exact version where the track limit appeared?

brate8981

31 Aug 2023

jengstrom wrote:
31 Aug 2023
@brate8981: Thanks for that feedback - I will forward it. I had forgotten, and am a bit surprised that this limitation appeared at some point.
Do you know the exact version where the track limit appeared?
I don't really remember the exact version because I usually don't care about it when using Recon but i believe the track limit appeared since SDK 3. In the Propellerhead dev page it says Recon 10 in the SDK 3 is based on Reason Intro, which have the 16 tracks limit.

jengstrom
Reason Studios

04 Sep 2023

It looks like we can remove the track limit in an update not too long from now.

jengstrom
Reason Studios

04 Sep 2023

In the meantime, here is SDK 2.5 https://www.dropbox.com/t/zMroIGZ7Op66WJQC

brate8981

04 Sep 2023

jengstrom wrote:
04 Sep 2023
In the meantime, here is SDK 2.5 https://www.dropbox.com/t/zMroIGZ7Op66WJQC
jengstrom wrote:
04 Sep 2023
It looks like we can remove the track limit in an update not too long from now.
Thank you jengstrom for the special help! I hope you all the best :D

brate8981

08 Dec 2023

Hello! Is there any news on the Recon update?

• Information