re-edit | help requested

This forum is for developers of Rack Extensions to discuss the RE SDK, share code, and offer tips to other developers.
pongasoft
RE Developer

Post 06 Sep 2022

Hello all developers

If you have been following this forum, you already know about the project I am currently working on. You can check out the YouTube video I made in July about the tool state at that time:

I am at the point where the tool is functional and would like some help from rack extension developers to get early feedback.

Requirements:
  • You must be a rack extension developer
  • You are willing to give feedback and help drive/influence the direction of the tool
  • You understand the tool is early access
  • You have a github account
If you want to help please send me your github account name and I will add you to the (private) repository that will give you access to the binary and issues (to discuss/submit feedback/submit bugs). You can use this forum private message or better contact me at "yan at pongasoft dot com" to send me your information.

Here is a screenshot of the most recent build.
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 08.08.40.png
Yan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pongasoft on 28 Sep 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

Post 06 Sep 2022

pongasoft wrote:
06 Sep 2022
Requirements:
  • You are using macOS as your development platform (at this stage the tool is built only for macOS with a Windows version possible once the tool is finalized)
I'd be delighted to help, but I dev on Windows only at present. As soon as a Windows version starts to move into view I'll jump aboard :)

Cheers,
Brian

pongasoft
RE Developer

Post 15 Sep 2022

New build 0.9.1-dev available with hi-res font/icons and bug fixes...
re-edit-0.9.1-dev.jpg

Looking so much better with good hi-res font rendering!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pongasoft
RE Developer

Post 19 Sep 2022

New build available 0.9.2-dev:
re-edit-0.9.2-dev.jpg

With cool new features:
* X-Ray rendering
* Grid

Still open to developer who want to help/give it a try!

Thanks
Yan

pongasoft
RE Developer

Post 28 Sep 2022

I just released 0.9.4-dev with a big new feature: availability for windows (although it is a bit rough right now).

If you are on Windows and want to participate, send me your github account name!

pongasoft
RE Developer

Post 28 Sep 2022

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Sep 2022
pongasoft wrote:
06 Sep 2022
Requirements:
  • You are using macOS as your development platform (at this stage the tool is built only for macOS with a Windows version possible once the tool is finalized)
I'd be delighted to help, but I dev on Windows only at present. As soon as a Windows version starts to move into view I'll jump aboard :)

Cheers,
Brian
I now have a Windows build :-)

joeyluck

Post 28 Sep 2022

If you're still needing help from more devs to test this, we could make it a global announcement for a bit. Just let me know!

I wonder also if Reason Studios could blog about it? It was cool to see the blog back when they lifted the NDA on the SDK, but there hasn't been much else said about the SDK and making REs. Have they been following what you've been up to?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

Post 03 Oct 2022

pongasoft wrote:
28 Sep 2022
Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Sep 2022

Cheers,
Brian
I now have a Windows build :-)
Hi Yan,

just seen this, PM'd you my GitHub user details.

Cheers,
Brian

• Information