D1-RT Source Files including Gorilla Project

This forum is for developers of Rack Extensions to discuss the RE SDK, share code, and offer tips to other developers.
User avatar
nickb523
RE Developer
Posts: 347
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Scotland

Post 10 Sep 2021

Hello folks,

I've decided to release the full source folder including the Gorilla .inst project file of D1-RT Line Noise Injector. It's a super simple FX RE based on an always running note, 3 different noise samples and 4 controls. Picking through these files should act as a pretty good tutorial to get you started on basic scripting, adding controls, specifying ranges etc. Everything you need to build the device locally and run it in Recon is included. I hope this helps some of you get started with Gorilla Editor and learn the required scripting.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a shout and I'll do my best to help out!

Note that you will need to be registered as a developer with Reason Studios to access the RE SDK and Gorilla Engine. You can register as a developer here - https://developer.reasonstudios.com/

Download here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Cheers! :)
Last edited by nickb523 on 13 Sep 2021, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer
Posts: 843
Joined: 03 Jan 2019

Post 13 Sep 2021

nickb523 wrote:
10 Sep 2021
Hello folks,

I've decided to release the full source folder including the Gorilla .inst project file of D1-RT Line Noise Injector. It's a super simple FX RE based on an always running note, 3 different noise samples and 4 controls. Picking through these files should act as a pretty good tutorial to get you started on basic scripting, adding controls, specifying ranges etc. Everything you need to build the device locally and run it in Recon is included. I hope this helps some of you get started with Gorilla Editor and learn the required scripting.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a shout and I'll do my best to help out!

Download here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Cheers! :)
Nice idea mate,

and thanks for the generosity. However, this doesn't actually contain the "vital parts", and although I'm fairly sure I could send you in the right direction to get them, I don't see how you can legally share them, so I won't advise any any further on this - ultimately if you did you would be giving everyone GE access without UJam being able to do anything about it.

If anyone already has access to GE then they could use this, of course.

Cheers,
Brian

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 437
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 13 Sep 2021

nickb523 - did you ask UJAM to share part of their software? Not think that good idea.
Reason SDK is open now, yes. But as I know, developer public versions available for registered and approved developers only.
Anyway, Example library of Gorilla include big base of examples.
I understand that sharing of projects for somebody can be helpful, but I remember as few years ago somebody ask them to share public projects, but.. Gorilla is currently not released to public.
Included license document talk about OpenSource software parts used by UJAM in Gorilla, and no info that Gorilla is open source project
Better if you ask them personally to share projects.

User avatar
nickb523
RE Developer
Posts: 347
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Scotland

Post 13 Sep 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
13 Sep 2021

Nice idea mate,

and thanks for the generosity. However, this doesn't actually contain the "vital parts", and although I'm fairly sure I could send you in the right direction to get them, I don't see how you can legally share them, so I won't advise any any further on this - ultimately if you did you would be giving everyone GE access without UJam being able to do anything about it.

If anyone already has access to GE then they could use this, of course.
Yeah, I'm assuming anyone who did want to download would most definitely need to be a registered developer with RS (which AFAIK is open to anyone nowadays). As soon as you've got registered then Gorilla Engine is downloadable from RS via the dev portal, it's not some super top secret thing. I'm not sharing anything here beyond a Gorilla Engine project file and RE SDK build scripts so I can't see why the men upstairs would have any issue with that. I have no intention of sharing anything I shouldn't be.

AFAIK uJam have asked us not to share videos and screenshots of the software, but if someone was to pop into this thread and ask something like "how do I script an equal power dry/wet control" then I can't see why I wouldn't be able to answer that question.

User avatar
nickb523
RE Developer
Posts: 347
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Scotland

Post 13 Sep 2021

turn2on wrote:
13 Sep 2021
nickb523 - did you ask UJAM to share part of their software? Not think that good idea.
Reason SDK is open now, yes. But as I know, developer public versions available for registered and approved developers only.
Anyway, Example library of Gorilla include big base of examples.
I understand that sharing of projects for somebody can be helpful, but I remember as few years ago somebody ask them to share public projects, but.. Gorilla is currently not released to public.
Included license document talk about OpenSource software parts used by UJAM in Gorilla, and no info that Gorilla is open source project
Better if you ask them personally to share projects.
I'm not sharing any parts of Gorilla other than a project file that you cannot open without access to Gorilla. Why would that be a problem?

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 437
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 13 Sep 2021

nickb523, because with example sharing, you share some internal files of UJAM product, that can have enough role to brake software in future. Does anybody interesting from GE devs in this?
Look at the folders and quantity of files by them. Them are not open sourced and as I know, and must be cropped out from users side.
I know, that they ask do not send examples to 3rd part. May be maximum - .inst files, but not whole project folder (as I think before).
Just ask them about this possibilities of sharing project folders.
Last edited by turn2on on 13 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nickb523
RE Developer
Posts: 347
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Scotland

Post 13 Sep 2021

turn2on wrote:
13 Sep 2021
nickb523, because with example sharing, you share some internal files of UJAM product, that going currently at NDA in newest builds, (many files already included in every example project folder), as chip binaries and some others that have enough role to brake software in future. Does anybody interesting from GE devs in this?
Look at the folders and quantity of files by them. Them are not open sourced and as I know must be cropped out from users side.
I know, that they ask do not send examples to 3rd part. May be maximum - .inst files, but not whole project folder
Just ask them about this possibilities of sharing project folders.
There is nothing inside that folder that is specific to GE other than the .inst file. It's painfully obvious that you are attempting smoke and mirrors here my man.

To the mods/admin - Feel free to remove this thread if you feel it's a problem. Hell send Peter @ uJam a DM ask directly. I'd be very surprised if there is any issue here.

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 437
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 13 Sep 2021

If you attach just a .ints file, I think no problem with this, but you share universal build.
I'm not talk that you cant, just good to ask about this Peter, because you are first who share GE project
Last edited by turn2on on 13 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nickb523
RE Developer
Posts: 347
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Scotland

Post 13 Sep 2021

turn2on wrote:
13 Sep 2021
If you attach just a .ints file, I think no problem with this, but you share universal build.
I'm pretty sure that is RE SDK specific and not Gorilla, but as I said - If anyone has an issue with it then let me know @ nick@skpsounds.com

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8996
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 13 Sep 2021

nickb523 wrote:
13 Sep 2021
To the mods/admin - Feel free to remove this thread if you feel it's a problem. Hell send Peter @ uJam a DM ask directly. I'd be very surprised if there is any issue here.
I sent an email earlier. I'll let you know what I hear back.

User avatar
nickb523
RE Developer
Posts: 347
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Scotland

Post 13 Sep 2021

joeyluck wrote:
13 Sep 2021


I sent an email earlier. I'll let you know what I hear back.
No worries. Cheers.

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 437
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 15 Sep 2021

Good news, UJAM approve that projects can be sharing if not include GE parts. :thumbup:

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2781
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 15 Sep 2021

Nick I've managed to get my hands on GE, can I run it by itself or do I need a full recon and SDK install, I'm not necessarily interested in deployment at the moment, just poking around for now....

Also mainly for the mods!
Should RT possibly have a non public forum for discussion assuming communication between "developers" is ok but GE is under NDA a good middle ground might be a private GE forum?
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
nickb523
RE Developer
Posts: 347
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Scotland

Post 16 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Nick I've managed to get my hands on GE, can I run it by itself or do I need a full recon and SDK install, I'm not necessarily interested in deployment at the moment, just poking around for now....

Also mainly for the mods!
Should RT possibly have a non public forum for discussion assuming communication between "developers" is ok but GE is under NDA a good middle ground might be a private GE forum?
Are you using a Mac or PC? - I can tell you a complete setup including optimal folder locations if you are on PC.

AFAIK uJam have asked us not to share videos and screenshots of the software (this is mentioned when you login to the Gorilla site) but there is no formal NDA as such. So I'm thinking that it is going to be OK to discuss things like scripting which is really all there is to discuss. The rest of the stuff you need to know is RE SDK related. Gorilla itself is pretty self explanatory - You chain up modules and add controls via scripting, that is honestly pretty much it. The rest is GUI work in LUA scripting which is very similar to working with PHP and CSS (even if you don't have experience here it's not that hard to learn).

But first things first, you need to learn how to build the D1-RT folder into a device that can be ran in Recon. Once you've got that sorted you can start to mess around with parts of the D1-RT files to create your own frankenRE. That should give you a very good starting point. I could also provide simple things like a quick filter RE as an example.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8996
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Sep 2021
Nick I've managed to get my hands on GE, can I run it by itself or do I need a full recon and SDK install, I'm not necessarily interested in deployment at the moment, just poking around for now....

Also mainly for the mods!
Should RT possibly have a non public forum for discussion assuming communication between "developers" is ok but GE is under NDA a good middle ground might be a private GE forum?
If you are a RE dev, you should have access to the RE dev forum on the RS site.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests