I am very happy to announce the release of a brand new web/online tool that lets you easily create a fully buildable and deployable Rack Extension by simply filling out a form (similar to what I did with Jamba). After filling out the (long) name and manufacturer the other
fields will have default values that you can obviously change. You can choose the size and type of the RE.
The tool is accessible on the pongasoft website Rack Extension - Quick Start
The 2 preview sections let you see:
- what the plugin looks like (for example an effect will have a stereo pair of inputs and output in the back, a note player will have nothing)
- what the generated files look like (the tool takes care of generating the right motherboard including routing, bypass, etc... as well as the properly sized background images including transparent section for the rails, device2D.lua, hdgui_2D.lua, etc...)
If you are satisfied with what you see you can download the zip file, unzip it and build it (follow the instructions in the README file).
Note that if you have the SDK installed in the "default" (per re-cmake) location (which means you don't have to provide it as a parameter to the configure command), then this entire series of steps boils down to:
- fill out the form
- download zip file and unzip
- cd <zip>; run ./configure.py
- cd build; run ./re.sh install
- start recon and load the device
Here is an overview of the tool
The code of the tool itself will be made open source as well once I clean it up a bit (meaning write documentation).
As always, please provide feedback and do not hesitate to reach out for help!