Live Looper and Drum Synthesizer

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
oneday2one

22 Dec 2023

The best possible major upgrade Reason Studios could do would be to create a live looping built in feature. *not like Ableton Live session view*. Like: Boss RC-505 mk2. You don't have to preset bars, tempo, or use metronome. When you record your first loop, it automatically builds tempo and bars off of that looped recording.

This way you can make music continuously without the music ever having to stop.

Secondly, there does not exist a super advance state of the art pure drum synthesizer. There is microtonic, but that was made years ago. And do we really believe that Reason couldn't make one better than that? I think so. Much much better.

huggermugger

22 Dec 2023

Though I don't use it, Kong is a good device, especially considering it's stock. Synthetic, sampled and modelled drums all at your fingertips. That said, I'm into DrumComputer, MODO Drum, Microtonic (it's been around a while as you say but it's still superb), and PolyPlex.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 3.47.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 3.47.50 PM.png (283.78 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 3.48.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 3.48.36 PM.png (270.77 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 3.48.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 3.48.49 PM.png (262.48 KiB) Viewed 1692 times

Arpeg
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2023

oneday2one wrote:
22 Dec 2023
The best possible major upgrade Reason Studios could do would be to create a live looping built in feature. *not like Ableton Live session view*. Like: Boss RC-505 mk2. You don't have to preset bars, tempo, or use metronome. When you record your first loop, it automatically builds tempo and bars off of that looped recording.

Secondly, there does not exist a super advance state of the art pure drum synthesizer. There is microtonic, but that was made years ago. And do we really believe that Reason couldn't make one better than that? I think so. Much much better.
For Loop you could use the Re Echo Delay's ROLL feature. Unfortunately, it only does half a bar MAX. There is a free simple to use CV looper, LPCVfree by 17 Frames Media. Also, useful for panning, filtering etc.. https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /lpcvfree/

selig
RE Developer

27 Dec 2023

oneday2one wrote:
22 Dec 2023

I have just gotten into the hardware looper world, and my looper has this mode (Aeros Looper). I’ve never used it because (so far) I’m ether looping ambience for live gigs or I tap the tempo.

BUT - this type of feature would be very in line with Reason’s goal of being “music creation” software IMO.
Selig Audio, LLC

mcatalao
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2024

Ochen K. has a good looper.

• Information