Export list of plug-ins from Manage Plugins -window

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
soundmodel

22 Oct 2023

Enable exporting the list of plug-ins from Manage Plugins -window.

For knowing what to reinstall when reinstalling Windows and Reason (9.5).

jam-s

23 Oct 2023

I'd also like to have the option to export all used VST plugin versions and names of a project. (And while they are at it also a listing of all originally imported audio samples including their full path for sample clearance).

soundmodel

25 Oct 2023

jam-s wrote:
23 Oct 2023
I'd also like to have the option to export all used VST plugin versions and names of a project. (And while they are at it also a listing of all originally imported audio samples including their full path for sample clearance).
Well, I am envisioning to reinstall Windows freshly and the reinstalling Reason while discarding obsolete plug-ins etc.

Having to manually figure out what projects will break in this process does not sound sensical.

It'd be most beneficial if there was an utility that inspects a folder of project files for the dependencies presented in each project file.

NoiseCrime

13 Dec 2023

soundmodel wrote:
22 Oct 2023
Enable exporting the list of plug-ins from Manage Plugins -window.

For knowing what to reinstall when reinstalling Windows and Reason (9.5).
I recently created a webpage that can parse Reasons PluginDatabase.dat file that stores all the plugin data that the 'Manage Plugins' window uses. The results are displayed as a table, but can also be exported to plain text file or as a 'tab' delimited cvs ( spreadsheet) file.

You can read more in this post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7533166

Unfortunately I only have Reason 12.6, so i'm not sure if the parser will work with Reason 9.5 file, but you can give it a try if you like. If it doesn't work i'd be happy to take a look at the file and see if I can update the webpage to support earlier versions of the database.

• Information