Reason Companion / ideas

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
turn2on
RE Developer

12 Oct 2023

Good, we all have finally Companion for perpetual users :thumbs_up:

As part of Reason world, companion is a place for future additions.
Cool if anybody think about what Companion can includes in future:

1. RE Rating: in the list of installed REs, may be possible to add rating stars. Good and comfort place to make votes by users for any/all available RE in account at once.
Currently, users not vote / forgot for RE votes. Ratings activity is low.

2. Links from RE (and native instruments/fx/utilities) to own shop pages, or device description. May be thin can be helpful for new users, to read about one of the divice from the devices list
Also links from Developer of RE, to shop page with all products off this dev.

3. Promo blocks! Not like it works in the shop with more popular REs, mainly from RS.
Better to have "RE of the day". Randomly shown section / banner for one of the RE. Not one of the best-sellers, not actually on sale, just passive random promotion.
As time shown, users from time to time, find that they never seen / tested (just skipped) before some RE in the shop.
So, Companion, can be the right place for passive promotion of any RE from the Shop. This helps to all Developers to have chances of their RE promo

4. May be!!! Not really needed, just need to think: ReTalk section for any RE with post-moderation (may be some users-admins from RT, may be devs - this help to resolve any conflict in topics by the developer moderation).
This is not a forum-like idea. RT is cooler and right place for talks. But some short user-comments section can be good.
This is like at NI site pages with some comments activity.

5. Users subscription to any Dev. When new RE is released, or updated, users can have visual info at start. Without need going inside to "Devices" section and find that time ago RE is already updated.

6. May be short-pages of REs, in the style like already we have in SoundPacks pages (logo/screen/short info / links / install (try/buy), songs examples
Anyway, this is only thoughts, not must-have plan.
Yes, we all remember previous social networks skill of Propellerheads with community. No needs to repeat this realisation.

May be some minor improvements ideas?

luckygreen

12 Oct 2023

I would like to see an option in the companion to hide RackExtensions I bought in the past to be hidden. That hidden status has to be saved in my Reason Studios online account. So when I reinstall or update my software I only have to click on "install all" once without having to worry all the stuff I don't want is downloaded onto my machine.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

antic604

12 Oct 2023

I'm pretty happy with the improvement over Authorizer.

Perhaps the one feature I'd like to see is the ability to hide some REs (some free crap, some purchased ones that I shouldn't have...). I don't want them removed from my account, but I don't want to see them in the list either. As a consequence, install/uninstall/update all should only work on those visible ones.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Rising Night Wave

12 Oct 2023

T2ON... thumbs up!
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

dan_g

12 Oct 2023

+1 for all 6 Suggestions. a lot of potential there
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

jam-s

12 Oct 2023

I'm missing a "download all packs" button.

Loque

12 Oct 2023

Good ideas, except any idea replicating the shop.
Reason12, Win10

ab459

15 Oct 2023

Simple ability to sort list by vendor name would be useful (instead by RE name, as currently).
And further would be good if it could looks like vendors sub-folders, which can expand by clicking on the "+" for example.

crimsonwarlock

16 Oct 2023

ab459 wrote:
15 Oct 2023
Simple ability to sort list by vendor name would be useful (instead by RE name, as currently).
And further would be good if it could looks like vendors sub-folders, which can expand by clicking on the "+" for example.
This would be handy only to get to all REs for a particular vendor, which is already possible by typing the vendor name in the search box.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

npinero1

21 Oct 2023

Combinator patches that work with the REs that we already own.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

ab459

23 Oct 2023

joeyluck wrote:
15 Oct 2023
but the search is also as you type and very fast.
crimsonwarlock wrote:
16 Oct 2023
This would be handy only to get to all REs for a particular vendor, which is already possible by typing the vendor name in the search box.
There is cases when i forgot vendor name (together with device name) lol. This is not surprisingly if you have 350+ REs
Then will be more quick to find what need if sort by vendor name. + respectively scrolling more fast if it all will be folded in form of firm name sub-groups.

challism

09 Jan 2024

I like your suggestions, T2On. I'd also like to see some better search options/filters for the packs - like the ability to click on the sound designer's name and see all their packs listed. That was suggested way back when we were beta testing R+/Companion; I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet. BTW, I'm not breaking NDA by talking about the R+ beta, as James Pember told us we could freely discuss the beta in public after it was released. James was awesome. I'm sad that he is no longer with RS.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information