Scales in Sequencer

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
loopzeugflieger

09 Sep 2023

Hi there,

can't believe thers no ability to restrict the Pianoroll to whatever Notes/Scales.
Like the fold option in Ableton.
I know thers Scales and Chords Player, but its still a bummer.

What do you people think of that? Am I just stupid?

Best

Chris

Bes
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2023

believe it buddy, all the notes are there all the time. thats what we pay the big bucks for
- Certified Reason expert

jam-s

09 Sep 2023

I think there are many much more interesting feature requests which should be worked on than this.

huggermugger

09 Sep 2023

I don't mind taking the time to add S&C. As far as transposing/note quantization goes, it's fairly versatile, though most of the power is in the chord section. Just wish it had more built-in scales, that's a paltry list.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-09-09 at 5.36.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-09 at 5.36.59 PM.png (228.45 KiB) Viewed 4091 times

Jagwah

12 Sep 2023

I think it's bull crap I write in clips in the sequencer and I zoom right in for a bit better working environment but even then it can take a second to work out exactly where you are in the scale. It's bullcrap because this could have been brought up to a beautiful and modern and reason-esque standard five times over in all these years we have been waiting for it.

tomusurp

14 Sep 2023

FL studio has this. I use both Reason and FL. But I don't use this option in FL either mainly because I'm used to experimenting and playing/recording from my midi keyboard. I'm not by any means a keyboard player, but I have enough experience making melodies and learning music theory along the way.

Although I suppose this option would be helpful for people who know basic theory and would rather click in the midi notes as opposed to playing and recording.
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

• Information