Midi multitimbral RRP

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Dionisio

29 Aug 2023

Hi Reason

A simple request for midi channel input selector in Combinator to help RRP become a multitimbral workstation plugin.

"Put simply, multitimbral means the ability to play several different sounds at the same time, each different sound or musical 'part' being controlled by a different MIDI channel"...

Thank you

All the best

Dionisio

xs23t7x

31 Aug 2023

Dionisio wrote:
29 Aug 2023
Hi Reason

A simple request for midi channel input selector in Combinator to help RRP become a multitimbral workstation plugin.

"Put simply, multitimbral means the ability to play several different sounds at the same time, each different sound or musical 'part' being controlled by a different MIDI channel"...

Thank you

All the best

Dionisio
I agree the feature is a must have. Not sure how combinators could adapt to support Falcon, Omnisphere and Kontakt multitimbral somehow I think but multitimbral plugins should be supported soon in Reason.

NostraDAWmus

31 Aug 2023

Dionisio wrote:
29 Aug 2023
Hi Reason

Thank you

All the best

Dionisio
+1000 !

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=7515244

:thumbup:

P.

Dionisio

05 Sep 2023

Hi

Sorry for my late reply and Thank you both for your support :thumbup:

xs23t7x this request is for RRP the plugin version.

But for the standalone/DAW version, if Reason open´s midi plugins like Scaler as a player devices you just need a midi channel output selector from that player device, in this case Scaler... and for Reason´s players devices the same option, or a single player device switch with a midi channel output selector...

All the best

Dionisio

DerGeorge

29 Oct 2023

Yes, this feature is a must have. I would prefer if the plugin would natively support multiple midi inputs, but if that is too technically complex at least including a channel selector in the combinator would help a lot. I don't understand why this was not put in from the start. Forcing users to use multiple instances of the plugin removes a big part of what makes the Reason Rack special in the first place.

Best regards,
DerGeorge

• Information