Multitouch compliance ?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
visheshl

09 Jun 2023

Hey so I've been using both RRP and standalone with a touchscreen and it is the best way to use reason.

Its amazing.

However it would be nice if they incorporated multitouch stuff into reason, so you could for example twiddle multiple mixer faders at once, or you could twiddle multiple filters at once, also im feeling a lack of the rack navigator in RRP, please add it to RRP, also it would be nice if two finger scroll worked, would sure be great for live performance..it works fine in chrome for example...

Aquila

25 Jun 2023

I'm not a touchscreen user myself, but it totally makes sense for those kind of systems.

prabab

09 Oct 2023

Would be nice, along with actual proper support for magic trackpad gestures. Especially for magic trackpad, I think Reason is the only modern DAW that simply goes bonkers whenever it encounters a trackpad gesture, and the choppy 30 fps zooming / scrolling doesn't help.

antic604

10 Oct 2023

visheshl wrote:
09 Jun 2023
...However it would be nice if they incorporated multitouch stuff into reason, so you could for example twiddle multiple mixer faders at once, or you could twiddle multiple filters at once, also im feeling a lack of the rack navigator in RRP, please add it to RRP, also it would be nice if two finger scroll worked, would sure be great for live performance..it works fine in chrome for example
Yeah, I was surprised it wasn't supporting multitouch operation. I don't think I've encountered it with any other DAW and I'd think move to GPU accelerated GUI rendering would be an ideal opportunity to fix this. "Luckily", when using in other DAWs that have macro controls - Live, Bitwig, S1 - you can abstract key controls to such macros and then multitouch should work.

Different matter altogether is the size of GUI elements, for example those "triangles" to fold FX or on/bypass/off toggle, or automation folding. Or everything in Thor.

Clearly the GUI would have to be re-designed for touch control.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

• Information