Re-ordering and Sorting REs and Plugins

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
wowhow
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2022

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if it's possible to sort rack extensions and plugins in the browser other than in alphabetical order.

I think it would be nice if you could re-order the list of REs and plugins in the browser window.
I tend to go to the same REs and plugins because sometimes they're just on the top of the list.

wowhow
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2022

Oh! I think actually a workaround would be to pick different presets and then sort them into a favorites folder.

crimsonwarlock

29 Sep 2022

wowhow wrote:
29 Sep 2022
I think it would be nice if you could re-order the list of REs and plugins in the browser window.
You can create different favorite folders and drag instruments into those. Inside a favorite folder you can reorder stuff as you like.
wowhow wrote:
29 Sep 2022
I tend to go to the same REs and plugins because sometimes they're just on the top of the list.
I found a great way to break that habbit:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7529250
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

wowhow
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2022

What!? I didn't know that you could do that. Thank you!
And the spreadsheet idea is great too.
I'm going to try that out! Thanks

DaveyG

29 Sep 2022

I'd love to be able to hide specific REs and VSTs and also to be able to tag some as favourites which would then appear at the top of the list. I do this in other DAWs.

I have VSTs that I want in other DAWs but not in Reason and I also have a few devices as both VST and RE so being able to selectively hide them would be handy. I started trying to do this by splitting VSTs into different folders for each DAW but that soon becomes a nightmare, particularly with Live which can only scan one custom VST location.

crimsonwarlock

29 Sep 2022

DaveyG wrote:
29 Sep 2022
I started trying to do this by splitting VSTs into different folders for each DAW but that soon becomes a nightmare, particularly with Live which can only scan one custom VST location.
You can disable specific VST-plugins in the Plugin Manager in Reason, to prevent them from loading. Reaper has a similar option, and I'm sure most other DAWs do.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

DaveyG

29 Sep 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
29 Sep 2022
DaveyG wrote:
29 Sep 2022
I started trying to do this by splitting VSTs into different folders for each DAW but that soon becomes a nightmare, particularly with Live which can only scan one custom VST location.
You can disable specific VST-plugins in the Plugin Manager in Reason, to prevent them from loading. Reaper has a similar option, and I'm sure most other DAWs do.
Yep, but unfortunately Reason sometimes resets that list and I've never found a way to save it in a form that can be restored. There are also a couple of cases where I want to hide an RE but keep the VST version of it, usually because the UI is better because it is not constrained by the rack.

Sorting and hiding REs is not a big issue but it's also not a big task for RS to implement if they chose to do so.

• Information