Add "Edit Sample" tool in Reason Rack Plugin, please!

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Avith Ortega

21 Jun 2022

The Edit Sample function is not available on the RRP which really diminishes the workflow, not all host DAW's have the same quick workarounds to just move loop sliders or reverse-loop buttons. Also consider the fact that some samples are only inside Refill's so now I have to export the samples to the host DAW, then find a way to modify them, and then export the sample from the DAW so I can find it from the Reason's browser :puf_unhappy:

jlgrimes

30 Jun 2022

Avith Ortega wrote:
21 Jun 2022
The Edit Sample function is not available on the RRP which really diminishes the workflow, not all host DAW's have the same quick workarounds to just move loop sliders or reverse-loop buttons. Also consider the fact that some samples are only inside Refill's so now I have to export the samples to the host DAW, then find a way to modify them, and then export the sample from the DAW so I can find it from the Reason's browser :puf_unhappy:
Agreed. Props have dropped the ball in a few areas concerning the plugin.

Sampling workflow (or sample playing workflow for that matter) could be alot better. People don't just want to play presets, they want to edit samples, browse for them.

I also feel it is a shame they decided not to improve the browsing workflow. The Racks's browser not being resizable makes it pretty clunky.

I think some of this is due to some VST limitation as Maschine, and FL Studio's browsers are also not resizable but their font choices are better thought out and makes it less likely to come up on "long" folder structures requiring you to move the horizontal scrollbar over to investigate.

It feels like the person who designed the Rack Plugin only used it to play FSB files and Reason Rack Extensions and didn't really look at the user who uses old Refills and Sample files off of their hard drive.

• Information