I'd like to see the Combinator as a Modular wrapper/ container in Reason

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Chi-Individual

22 Jan 2022

I was watching a video about The Grid in Bitwig and it made me think of Complex-1.

Now that Complex-1 is a thing and fits seamlessly into the rack, I'd love to see the Combinator become a modular host. I'm thinking add a toggle button & key command so that you can bring up a separate screen for the Combinator, like the tool window or keyboard but resizable to full screen. And like Bitwig, in that screen you can choose all the modular units you want, to build whatever and that becomes your new instrument or effect made entirely in the combinator. If not a separate screen then a way to turn the combinator into its own modular Rack(think a Complex-1 with changeable parts), either would be fine with me. Because there are parts of certain synths or fx that I would love to combine without having to use the entire unit and taking up space.

Like I would love to have something like - Osc from Europa with the Filter from The Legend, maybe a crazy sequencer from Lectric Panda thru the Tone Shaper from Kong and a RRS Compressor, so on and so forth.
Right now that combo can already be made but that's with 5 full units that don't auto-route as fx, take up took much screen real estate for the part you want to use(looking at KONG), and are already kinda existing in the rack in a modular fashion.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, I don't know if the code for just the Filter of this and Osc of that can be isolated and made into a modular unit easily but I'd love to see it, after Reason itself is rock solid of course.

I think it could add more revenue to the Shop, maybe attract more Devs, they could cap the prices on units to $9-$19 max to keep it affordable yet competitive. And just a fun add for expanding beyond Complex-1

Let me just add one more thing, I am not saying charge for things that are already standard in Reason. If the module is already part of Reason Core(Kong FX, Thor FX, etc) they should be free(or coming as part of an upgrade or something), but if someone say doesn't own Complex-1 but they want the Comb Delay or Reverb, the Shaper or LPG only and not be locked into Complex-1 then they can still get those tools without having to buy the Complex-1 RE. And in that scenario it may actually end up earning more money. Cause I'm sure there are people who don't use Complex-1 because it's closed off. Make a modular environment in Reason that can be pushed to the level of your processor and that's a whole new game. Just an idea.

• Information