Some ideas for the Companion

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Oberlai

02 Sep 2021

I feel some vital functionality is missing that I think could help everybody, also props :)

1. Companion. Why can't I even launch Reason from it? And once Reason is installed, maybe remove "Install Reason" from the left side OR even better, change it to a check/repair function?

2. Option to revert everything highres back to old bitmaps, without having to reinstall everything. Yes, some people are experiencing that highres is too much for their old system - other people try it out - only to find it makes little or no difference on their screen, and want to revert to save disk space/CPU. This would be a very smart and handy feature. And please actually delete those extra files to free up space, including when you delete an RE.

3. Stick your Reason news/blog and whatever feeds you have available in the launcher, collect everything there so when people wake up they can have Reason news in one place. It's another free marketing channel, why not use it.

4. Integrate the RE authorizer into the Companion? The launcher could be the one and only admin toolbox/helper for Reason.

Edit:
5. Tutorials. You already have all the devices in a list there. Better suited for the Companion than inside Reason?

Make the launcher do more and ppl will use it more.

All the best - from a marketing guy :)
Last edited by Oberlai on 03 Sep 2021, edited 9 times in total.

dioxide

02 Sep 2021

Oberlai wrote:
02 Sep 2021
3. Stick your news/blog and whatever feeds you have available in the launcher, collect everything there so when people wake up they can have Reason news in one place. It's another free marketing channel, why not use it.
What makes you think people want marketing in yet another channel? Surely they can go to Facebook, Twitter or one of the many other channels if they want to see this. Isn't it better than your computer can be free from this kind of content so you can focus on music creation?

From a design guy.

Oberlai

02 Sep 2021

dioxide wrote:
02 Sep 2021
Oberlai wrote:
02 Sep 2021
3. Stick your news/blog and whatever feeds you have available in the launcher, collect everything there so when people wake up they can have Reason news in one place. It's another free marketing channel, why not use it.
What makes you think people want marketing in yet another channel? Surely they can go to Facebook, Twitter or one of the many other channels if they want to see this. Isn't it better than your computer can be free from this kind of content so you can focus on music creation?

From a design guy.
For those using Reason regularly, you'll want to stay in the loop, I think most people would find it very convenient to have stuff gathered in one place. It seems you've never used a game-launcher like Steam or Epic, every single one of these throw news/titles at you every time you open it. I'd say if a company is not doing something similar with their launcher they're not doing their job - this is business (the Companion is still new, so it's excused :)). Yes that'd be too much for Companion, having it on the left behind a button press is the obvious solution in my mind. Bring it up if you want it - if not - don't.

• Information