Audio slice Regroove/groove quantize

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Mysiak

07 May 2021

This has probably been requested before, but I would like to be able to Regroove or even just apply groove quantize to slices of an audio clip in slice edit mode. I can bounce an audio clip to midi and extract the groove from the notes and even quantize slices to the global shuffle, but apparently not to a user groove template. (Please let me know if I'm missing a trick here).
Also, being able to have more than one audio clip open in slice edit mode would make it much easier to compare and adjust groove in audio clips by hand.

jam-s

07 May 2021

It might work if you load your sliced audio as a rex2 file into Dr. OctoRex, then send loop to track (disable pattern playback) and then apply the Regroove to that sequencer track.

Mysiak

07 May 2021

Doing it that way doesn't time stretch individual slices to the length they need to be in the new groove, so you get gaps and overlaps (slices cut short). Not too noticeable in say a drum loop, but in more legato material like a synth riff, or a sample with any kind of ambience, it kills the flow and sounds terrible.

Marc Swing

07 May 2021

YES PLEASE I WANT THIS!!!!

soroc sosta

08 May 2021

Good Idea, I 2nd this request.

• Information