Simple Question: What is more important?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.

What is more important?

Add new features
59%
Revise/Update existing devices
41%

Total votes: 61
deeplink

Post 15 Mar 2021

chaosroyale wrote:
14 Mar 2021
We just don't want to be stuck in the middle with half the functionality in one device and half in the other device, and no way to get the best of both worlds...
Kalm wrote:
14 Mar 2021

IDK, why didn't props just put a "Classic" version in the new filter effect? Could've all been consolidated imo
Just to jump on the band wagon here - I know Sweeper has an cool audio trigger, but the ECF has a midi triggered envelope.

I couldn't believe it when I realised Sweeper didn't accept midi as a trigger.

avasopht

Post 15 Mar 2021

All of the above.

Update devices so much they're practically new devices.

Fix the Thor bugs that require tricks to use properly.

Add ensemble and effects sections to old devices.

Surprise us.

Add some Grain functionality to Malstrom.

Add some Parsec functionality to Thor.
---

Kalm

Post 15 Mar 2021

chaosroyale wrote:
14 Mar 2021
yeah this is exactly what i think; if they are gonna have a dropdown of 12 filters or however many it is, why NOT include the 3 from the original unit but with the new modulation and fine-grained frequency control. as it is now, there's no way to take advantage of the new higher resolution of automation but with the clean filters.

That's really all I (and I suspect some of the other) people are really saying when we talk about upgrading old devices. We're not saying "don't make new features" - quite the opposite. We just don't want to be stuck in the middle with half the functionality in one device and half in the other device, and no way to get the best of both worlds.
Kalm wrote:
14 Mar 2021

IDK, why didn't props just put a "Classic" version in the new filter effect? Could've all been consolidated imo
Exactly
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Creativemind

Post 20 Mar 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
27 Feb 2021
Kalm wrote:
27 Feb 2021

Cause then you'll end up with a bunch of redundant unused devices. 14:2 mixer? ECF Filter, Chorus, Delay. . .
Getting Sweeper and Quartet was godly. SSL Console to replace the MClass? We clearly should get a revised Thor. So yes this is a definite option/opinion
Learn to read... it says revise / update EXISTING devices. Sweeper and Quartet were not existing devices. I don’t want Thor version 2.0. I want something more modern / better / a new different take on things, etc..
Updating existing devices would or could make them more modern though.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.25 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information