Mod matrix

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
LukeDunn

06 Dec 2020

I've noticed some people requesting more mod matrix routing on devices, I don't have this issue at all, but I though it would be cool to have a Utility RE of a mod matrix that would attach to a instrument the way a player does (where there the routing is done for you, with a couple cv source in and outs as well). It could add mod matrix routing to older devices, or more routing to the newer ones. Im not a programer, but I think it would be doable seeing as instrument routings show up in the Combinator Programmer. In fact, it may add additional slots and controls to the combinator programmer as well.

Luke
Last edited by LukeDunn on 06 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

06 Dec 2020

Excellent idea. The only problem is, that currently it is not polyphonic.

Just imagine, you attach a Envelope to a synth filter, and it will be played for all notes via CV. If it is inside the synth, it will be played for each note. Maybe this will change with MPE support, who knows...
Reason12, Win10

LukeDunn

06 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2020

Just imagine, you attach a Envelope to a synth filter, and it will be played for all notes via CV. If it is inside the synth, it will be played for each note. Maybe this will change with MPE support, who knows...
I'm not sure I follow you... I'm thinking it would be like adding a Europa style matrix, that would add additional routing for the instruments own Oscilaters and envelopes to control its own parameters.

Loque

06 Dec 2020

LukeDunn wrote:
06 Dec 2020
Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2020

I'm not sure I follow you... I'm thinking it would be like adding a Europa style matrix, that would add additional routing for the instruments own Oscilaters and envelopes to control its own parameters.
In theory it works, and it will if RS makes it possible.

But its currently not possible with CV only. It could be possible with CV too, if RS supports some kind of Poly-CV, which was requested a trillion times in the past. And if you look to Cherry Audio Modular, it has poly signals, which makes it easy to create a polyphonic modular setup.
Reason12, Win10

• Information