Separate rack lane scrolling?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Marc64

06 Dec 2020

Just thought about this...
What do you think about separate rack lane scrolling? :thumbs_up: or :thumbs_down:

Also middle mouse click and hold anywhere in the rack to move it left and right instead of clicking on the side of the rack to move...

deeplink
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2020

I don't know how separate rack scrolling would work if you have decices hooked up with each on different racks.

What about horizontal racks? Could help when viewing the devices on landscape/laptop monitor
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

joeyluck

06 Dec 2020

1. Separate rack lane scrolling would be cool! :thumbs_up:

2. I haven't ever had to click on a rack rail. I've been using a macbook trackpad ever since multiple racks were introduced. Certainly not a vote against the idea though.

joeyluck

06 Dec 2020

deeplink wrote:
06 Dec 2020
I don't know how separate rack scrolling would work if you have decices hooked up with each on different racks.
Well the cables are like bungee cords anyways, stretching and retracting based on length needed. It could also automatically enter into 'hide cables' mode while actively scrolling one rack (if the animation of all the cables us too much).

I imagine this would need a key combination when scrolling because it shouldn't replace the existing behavior anyways.

LukeDunn

06 Dec 2020

Marc64 wrote:
06 Dec 2020
Just thought about this...
What do you think about separate rack lane scrolling? :thumbs_up: or :thumbs_down:

Also middle mouse click and hold anywhere in the rack to move it left and right instead of clicking on the side of the rack to move...
I was just logging on to put this idea out there as well. "Great minds...." eh?

it would be super convent to have the ability to scroll each rack individually, especially when patching back and forth between devices.

Luke

Loque

06 Dec 2020

:thumbs_up: Hum...could help to hook up some connections over a big distance. I could use one rack lane as a bus. I like the idea
Reason12, Win10

• Information