Grain's grain rate / density doesn't go high enough

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
chaosroyale

25 Nov 2020

EDIT; ah, whatever, it's never gonna be updated so why bother explaining in any detail. The title is what it is.

(edit- simplified title to avoid misunderstanding.)
Last edited by chaosroyale on 25 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

BRIGGS

25 Nov 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
25 Nov 2020
EDIT; ah, whatever, it's never gonna be updated so why bother explaining in any detail. The title is what it is.
Which motion setting are you using?
r11s

chaosroyale

25 Nov 2020

Sorry I shoulda just deleted this whole topic, it's not really meaningful. The "long grains" (standard granular synth) engine even at maximum rate is not very fast, that's all. Not worth complaining about because its not like that will ever change.
BRIGGS wrote:
25 Nov 2020
chaosroyale wrote:
25 Nov 2020

BRIGGS

25 Nov 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
25 Nov 2020
Sorry I shoulda just deleted this whole topic, it's not really meaningful. The "long grains" (standard granular synth) engine even at maximum rate is not very fast, that's all. Not worth complaining about because its not like that will ever change.
BRIGGS wrote:
25 Nov 2020

There's a few factors that effect the playback speed. You may want to dig deeper.
r11s

chaosroyale

25 Nov 2020

I know Reason pretty much like the back of my hand so I will be surprised if I have missed anything, but just in case - what factors do you think I might be missing?
BRIGGS wrote:
25 Nov 2020
chaosroyale wrote:
25 Nov 2020

There's a few factors that effect the playback speed. You may want to dig deeper.

BRIGGS

25 Nov 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
25 Nov 2020
I know Reason pretty much like the back of my hand so I will be surprised if I have missed anything, but just in case - what factors do you think I might be missing?
BRIGGS wrote:
25 Nov 2020

AFAIK....Sample length, selection length, and motion mode.
r11s

chaosroyale

25 Nov 2020

I think you misunderstood me: I am talking about the grain rate in Long grains mode. That is controlled by the "rate" knob and has a hard limit of how many grains/sec.
BRIGGS wrote:
25 Nov 2020
chaosroyale wrote:
25 Nov 2020

BRIGGS

25 Nov 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
25 Nov 2020
I think you misunderstood me: I am talking about the grain rate in Long grains mode. That is controlled by the "rate" knob and has a hard limit of how many grains/sec.
BRIGGS wrote:
25 Nov 2020

Oh, gotcha....grain is a complicated beast. :puf_smile:
r11s

• Information