Multiple takes midi recording

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Fusion

27 Oct 2020

Would be great if we could have an option to record multiple takes when recording midi and create a new note lane on each loop.

Billy+

27 Oct 2020

Well I kinda do have that feature, I'm using a P6 and it has a function to create alt lanes :thumbs_up:

rgdaniel

27 Oct 2020

It's kind of a kludge but it works, and if you keep Loopmidi running all the time (takes little or no resources) and have your default template set up, it's pretty simple to activate when needed.

Fusion

28 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
27 Oct 2020
Well I kinda do have that feature, I'm using a P6 and it has a function to create alt lanes :thumbs_up:
I have the P4 and do not see this feature, although I guess this would be a button I would have to remember to press at every loop? I am looking for something I do not have to think about.

Fusion

28 Oct 2020

rgdaniel wrote:
27 Oct 2020
It's kind of a kludge but it works, and if you keep Loopmidi running all the time (takes little or no resources) and have your default template set up, it's pretty simple to activate when needed.

Thanks for the possible work around, but this sounds really complicated. This would be so simple for Reason Studios to implement in the code.

selig
RE Developer

28 Oct 2020

Fusion wrote:
28 Oct 2020
Thanks for the possible work around, but this sounds really complicated. This would be so simple for Reason Studios to implement in the code.
Well, yea - the Audio Tracks already do exactly this, why not the Note Tracks! I'm for more consistency across the board in Reason.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

motuscott

28 Oct 2020

It seems like such a simple thing, but hey I'm not a coder
Just a Reason fanboi and my peers are starting to throw things at me.

Who am I kidding? I have no peers...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

WOO

28 Oct 2020

This is what i do for alternate takes. I use my expression pedal. I'm hoping 12 addresses this and many other time saving issues.
Screenshot (79).png
Screenshot (79).png (217.93 KiB) Viewed 4385 times

Billy+

04 Nov 2020

Fusion wrote:
28 Oct 2020
Billy wrote:
27 Oct 2020
I have the P4 and do not see this feature, although I guess this would be a button I would have to remember to press at every loop? I am looking for something I do not have to think about.
Sorry been busy, not sure about the P4, but the feature is described in the user manual, something to do with the alt button on the controller if I remember correctly.

Fusion

25 Nov 2021

Any chance we can get this simple feature on the roadmap? then I might think about upgrading

moalla

25 Nov 2021

Maybe santa brings us this feature next year, people ask for this function since 15years an more!? :angel:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

djsmex

10 Dec 2021

The Alt button in the transport will create a new note lane and mute all the other note lanes when pressed. Where as the Dub button will create a new note lane without muting other note lanes. Neither are done automatically upon loop start.
I believe audio tracks are treated differently, perhaps due to them being developed much later within Reason and may be with the comping tool in mind.
It may be possible to use Remote with virtual MIDI cables and a small web app, to trigger the Alt button press at the start of every loop cycle. If this is something you'd be interested in, let me know.

Fusion

10 Dec 2021

djsmex wrote:
10 Dec 2021
The Alt button in the transport will create a new note lane and mute all the other note lanes when pressed. Where as the Dub button will create a new note lane without muting other note lanes. Neither are done automatically upon loop start.
I believe audio tracks are treated differently, perhaps due to them being developed much later within Reason and may be with the comping tool in mind.
It may be possible to use Remote with virtual MIDI cables and a small web app, to trigger the Alt button press at the start of every loop cycle. If this is something you'd be interested in, let me know.
For a Reason developer , it should be as simple as adding a button on the midi track. Should be simple to add to the next update. Seems they want to focus on more complex issues than addressing simple productivity functions.

Hopefully there will be more regular smaller features/ fixes once they finish the Graphics issues.

QVprod

10 Dec 2021

The (.) key will create an additional note lane and mute the previous one. The (,) key will create a new lane and leave both active

moalla

10 Dec 2021

Need help to fix my sustain:
so for this use i need a new spring for my damn sustain pedal, i´ve lost it when i was in the progress to mod the switch of it,
so some ideas what would be a good spare spring :-)
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

djsmex

10 Dec 2021

I suspect the Reason devs are focussed on bigger issues but agreed it would be nice to see workflow improvements.
The only potential issue I can think of, with new alt-takes at the start of each loop cycle when recording is empty note lanes and the other point would be should it be a new button perhaps added next to the loop enable or change the current working of the alt/dub buttons.
Personally I'd prefer it to be a new button, leaving the existing alt/dub buttons as they are.

integerpoet

10 Dec 2021

This would be excellent.

I think I've only ever seen one other workflow improvement request that I agreed with and I can't even remember what it is.

If R12 had this, I probably wouldn't be waiting for Apple silicon support to upgrade.

lzap

05 May 2023

It is 2023 and we still don’t have this feature.

Art.Allisone

08 May 2023

Yes it would be most amazing to do MIDI comp recordings; without having to use alt/lane or midi-looper; which ia actually not too much of a headache to set up still though...✌🏽❤️🎼🙏🏽

• Information