Multiple takes midi recording

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Fusion

Post 27 Oct 2020

Would be great if we could have an option to record multiple takes when recording midi and create a new note lane on each loop.

Billy

Post 27 Oct 2020

Well I kinda do have that feature, I'm using a P6 and it has a function to create alt lanes :thumbs_up:
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

rgdaniel

Post 27 Oct 2020

It's kind of a kludge but it works, and if you keep Loopmidi running all the time (takes little or no resources) and have your default template set up, it's pretty simple to activate when needed.

Fusion

Post 28 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
27 Oct 2020
Well I kinda do have that feature, I'm using a P6 and it has a function to create alt lanes :thumbs_up:
I have the P4 and do not see this feature, although I guess this would be a button I would have to remember to press at every loop? I am looking for something I do not have to think about.

Fusion

Post 28 Oct 2020

rgdaniel wrote:
27 Oct 2020
It's kind of a kludge but it works, and if you keep Loopmidi running all the time (takes little or no resources) and have your default template set up, it's pretty simple to activate when needed.

Thanks for the possible work around, but this sounds really complicated. This would be so simple for Reason Studios to implement in the code.

selig
RE Developer

Post 28 Oct 2020

Fusion wrote:
28 Oct 2020
Thanks for the possible work around, but this sounds really complicated. This would be so simple for Reason Studios to implement in the code.
Well, yea - the Audio Tracks already do exactly this, why not the Note Tracks! I'm for more consistency across the board in Reason.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

motuscott

Post 28 Oct 2020

It seems like such a simple thing, but hey I'm not a coder
Just a Reason fanboi and my peers are starting to throw things at me.

Who am I kidding? I have no peers...
Vlad the thread stopper 🧂

WOO

Post 28 Oct 2020

This is what i do for alternate takes. I use my expression pedal. I'm hoping 12 addresses this and many other time saving issues.
Screenshot (79).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Billy

Post 04 Nov 2020

Fusion wrote:
28 Oct 2020
Billy wrote:
27 Oct 2020
I have the P4 and do not see this feature, although I guess this would be a button I would have to remember to press at every loop? I am looking for something I do not have to think about.
Sorry been busy, not sure about the P4, but the feature is described in the user manual, something to do with the alt button on the controller if I remember correctly.
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

• Information