Smorgasverb?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
AnotherMathias

24 Oct 2020

Or should that be Smörgåsverb?

A lot of the more recent Reason REs, especially the ones found in Suite, have built in reverb. In many cases they are unique to that RE, and often sound really great, with tons of character. The ones that come to mind are:

Complex, Processed Pianos, Reason Drum Kits, Scenic Hybrid, Umph Club, Umph Retro, and perhaps a bit less so, Radical Piano and Radical Keys.

In most (all?) those REs you can patch in an external audio source to take advantage of these for general reverb use, but it is a bit cumbersome and wasteful of CPU.

So how about a small, lean RE that's a compilation of them, a smorgasbord of reverb? I don't know if they use algorithms or convolution, but either way you can include the specific controls for each. Processed Pianos, for example, has a "shimmer" setting, the only one I know of in a Reason Studio RE.

If you include this in the regular non-Suite Reason, it could serve as a nice teaser promo for people to get full Suite, don't you think?

manisnotabird

03 Nov 2020

On a similar note, I often create either a Europa or a Sweeper just to use the final LFO shape as a CV out. It definitely seems different than just a slewed sample and hold and works great for slowly evolving sounds. Wish it was included in Pulsar's shapes.

Loque

03 Nov 2020

Agree. RS missed some chances
* separated Envelope shaper
* Pulsar with more shapes and timings
* Kong Modules and FX as single units
* FX from the RE, like Resonator from Radical Piano or Friktion
* Better and free Envelope painting in Synchronious
* Grain with FM
* Modulation possibilities in all RE
* CV in/out
Sigh...