Fix the limited sequencer zoom!!

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
chaosroyale

12 Oct 2020

Recently I thought I was being a bit hard on Reason and decided not to post criticism for a while. But today I was working on a soundtrack piece about 45 minutes long, and remembered how lame the sequencer really is (been so long I did a big project in Reason, this limitation had actually slipped my mind).

You cannot zoom out to show the whole song. It can only zoom out part way (around 400 bars or something) Why? How is this level of incompetence possible in a modern DAW?

Times like this I honestly think the "Nobody at Reason actually uses Reason" meme is true, because if you actually used software you made that couldn't do the most basic stuff, you'd fix it, wouldn't you?

I am sure this request, like all the others, has been made over and over again for the last 20 years, but it would take about 30 minutes for them to fix. ugh.

Creativemind

12 Oct 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
12 Oct 2020
Recently I thought I was being a bit hard on Reason and decided not to post criticism for a while. But today I was working on a soundtrack piece about 45 minutes long, and remembered how lame the sequencer really is (been so long I did a big project in Reason, this limitation had actually slipped my mind).

You cannot zoom out to show the whole song. It can only zoom out part way (around 400 bars or something) Why? How is this level of incompetence possible in a modern DAW?

Times like this I honestly think the "Nobody at Reason actually uses Reason" meme is true, because if you actually used software you made that couldn't do the most basic stuff, you'd fix it, wouldn't you?

I am sure this request, like all the others, has been made over and over again for the last 20 years, but it would take about 30 minutes for them to fix. ugh.
Think they do but possibly not to finish anything fully mixed and mastered and that's the problem. I can think of about 8 devices that are missing from Reason as stock, mainly mixing / mastering tools which makes me believe they don't do these things in their product.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

PhillipOrdonez

12 Oct 2020

Yes, I would like to zoom out to see the entire project as well.

Loque

13 Oct 2020

I rather would like to zoom in more lol

Ever touched a long note while zoomed in? Do you still know where you are after touching the note lol?
Reason12, Win10

• Information