Ghost Note Lanes

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
TrueStory

25 Sep 2020

I know there's a few work arounds for this but it's annoying having to move back and forth from auditioning keys on the piano roll to drawing, moving and resizing midi notes since the ghost notes disappear if you forget to switch from the arrow to the pencil before clicking in your new midi lane. With Ghost Note Lanes, the ghost notes can stay locked in Edit mode until you delete the lane.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

07 Oct 2020

TrueStory wrote:
25 Sep 2020
I know there's a few work arounds for this but it's annoying having to move back and forth from auditioning keys on the piano roll to drawing, moving and resizing midi notes since the ghost notes disappear if you forget to switch from the arrow to the pencil before clicking in your new midi lane. With Ghost Note Lanes, the ghost notes can stay locked in Edit mode until you delete the lane.
Do you mean something different than the multi-track MIDI editing we have today? If you select multiple channels using shift (or cmd/ctrl(, you'll see the MIDI notes from all lanes and you can select which you're editing with the little arrow button in the track list. Note that "Multi Lanes" need to be on.

TrueStory

09 Oct 2020

MattiasHG wrote:
07 Oct 2020
TrueStory wrote:
25 Sep 2020
Do you mean something different than the multi-track MIDI editing we have today? If you select multiple channels using shift (or cmd/ctrl(, you'll see the MIDI notes from all lanes and you can select which you're editing with the little arrow button in the track list. Note that "Multi Lanes" need to be on.

Awesome! I was doing it wrong. Thanks for the breakdown.

joeyluck

09 Oct 2020

Yeah it's understandably confusing and easy to miss.

In lieu of a different approach, I still think this solution, which doesn't change the way it functions, but simply changes the presentation, would be very helpful:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7518587

eusti

09 Oct 2020

Could we have something like this, but for our audio lane that we want to pitch edit??? I mean, it would make sense to be able to see what the chords on the midi lane are that I want to adjust my vocal line to, no? Or is that possible and I just have missed it??

D.

tanni

10 Oct 2020

TrueStory wrote:
09 Oct 2020
MattiasHG wrote:
07 Oct 2020

you can also click on an inverted note in the piano roll (of the non focused track) to switch the actual editing track. So you dont have to use the little arrow button in the track list. Its easier in my opinion. I like and use that every time.

TrueStory

25 Oct 2020

tanni wrote:
10 Oct 2020
TrueStory wrote:
09 Oct 2020

you can also click on an inverted note in the piano roll (of the non focused track) to switch the actual editing track. So you dont have to use the little arrow button in the track list. Its easier in my opinion. I like and use that every time.
I just realized this recently. Thanks!

TrueStory

25 Oct 2020

eusti wrote:
09 Oct 2020
Could we have something like this, but for our audio lane that we want to pitch edit??? I mean, it would make sense to be able to see what the chords on the midi lane are that I want to adjust my vocal line to, no? Or is that possible and I just have missed it??

D.
Melodyne is the way to go. Expensive but definitely worth it.

• Information